[DEPRECATED Thread: visit community.webcore.co for assistance] webCoRE - Piston Design Help (ask your fellow members for assistance)

@eibyer beat me to the HTTP variables.

But if anyone can also say how to ping any ip address, it would be three birds with that one stone.

I’ve been working on a morning report. I’ve seen a lot of items close to what I am looking for. How do I get a value to for sunset, that is just the time. {$sunset} gives me the day and time, I just want the time. Bonus points for how to tell me the next high tide and low time.

Yes, that’s correct. I don’t know how to incorporate the username and
password into the URL. I know very little about this.

What I know is that basic web command is http://127.0.0.1:1234/park

IFTTT could be a great alternative if I can get past the authentication.

It will be device-dependent. Some of them will do it with URL tokens, e.g. http://127.0.0.1:1234/park&USER=PersonWantingMowerControlledByHackers&PW=@w350m3 while others will do it differently. It also works differently depending on whether you are using HTTP GET or HTTP POST or CURL.

Does the device not come with instructions on how to issue HTTP commands to it in a secure manner?

Can anyone tell me if I can do this in webcore (I’m assuming it is possible).

I’d like to have a timer that counts time when a switch is open. Very simple in principle - start count up or down when switch X is open, stop when closed. Resume if switch opens again. Ideally it could count down from a value that I can set from some kind of interface.

Maybe there is an app that does that already?

I want to use it to monitor how long the kids are watching the TV each day, and potentially move it towards turning it off (after a warning) when a preset ‘amount of TV’ is watched. I have Harmony which turns a switch when an ‘activity’ is active.

I was hoping it was possible to use variables for this kind of thing, but I wouldn’t know where to start. If it’s hugely complicated I probably won’t bother, but I’ve a reasonable amount of time on Webcore now (basics only really) and am up for trying it at least. thanks in advance.

time($sunset)

I couldn’t say it better than he did. Its probably somewhere in the documentation since its designed to be interfaced through web request. my guess is the token built into the address, but if you have trouble finding it try googling the make and/or model of your mower followed by keywords like token or web request or even ifttt maybe there is a discussion on it already somewhere on the web. good luck to you

Thanks, I was just about to come back and update to remove my comment. :slight_smile:
It was pretty easy, thanks again. Now to figure out an easy way to show the next high tide. :slight_smile: That may be a bit more work.

1 Like

hey robin I think I might have discovered something wrong in your piston regarding the take you umbrella message have you seen my recent post

As long as they stay out of the flowers.

yes… here is your current string

{max($weather.hourly.hourly_forecast[0].pop,$weather.hourly.hourly_forecast[1].pop,$weather.hourly.hourly_forecast[2].pop,$weather.hourly.hourly_forecast[3].pop,$weather.hourly.hourly_forecast[4].pop)=<‘30’’?“you probably wont need an umbrella.”: “You should probably take an umbrella!”}

we discovered that its not actually calculating the max without individually wrapping each one in the integer function. but please by all means the more testers the better.

hello all still the new guy around here but learned a lot thanks to all of you. just wondering I see some of you making pistons to make custom tiles. What purpose does the tiles serve? is it supposed to make a wall like smarttiles ? Where do these piston created tiles get to be showcased. anyone have any screen shots of how they are using them.

There are quite a few in the webCoRE Example Pistons thread starting about July 13th.

Here are some of mine:

How do you import a piston in webcore? I can seem to do or probably don’t know how? Is it doable.

Use the orange Restore a piston using backup code.:

Then use the code from anybody’s piston screenshot.

Can someone tell me how to insert {$time} after each of these temperature sensors changes?

IMG_6645

Here is the piston:

testss

Based off of @destructure00 's piston I believe.

You can insert formatDateTime($now, "h:mm a") before the \n

like this?

Not quite, need proper formatting, one sec. let me see if I can fix it here.

1 Like

The fact that you’re not using + in between all parts makes it harder to read, but you need need to close " right in front of formatDateTime and reopen them right in front of n" - and you’re missing the \ - it should be “\n”

2 Likes