[DEPRECATED Thread: visit community.webcore.co for assistance] webCoRE - Piston Design Help (ask your fellow members for assistance)

i do feel like helping. :slight_smile: let me simulate that scenario and get back to you.

thank you for asking.

I went back and had a closer look. My car was reporting away one minute before my wife and I which seemed to cause the logic to fail. I went back and changed to car to report away one minute later than my wife and I and it seems to be working perfectly. Thanks again!

So your gps might have jumped around. So nothing with the wifi. It’s a common problem with ST.

Now your expression is doing what you want it to do. But you are doing the math wrong. When you divide the age([device:attribute]) / 1000 you are getting the result in seconds.

You are then comparing the seconds to milliseconds.

So that is why you are not getting the results you are expecting.

So you can either remove the “/ 1000” OR change the 120000 to 120.

Basically you are comparing seconds to being less than 33 hours

o nice. if you dont mind my asking how are you able to set it so your car reports away one minute before your wife? is there some setting in your car presence sensor that allows that?

thanks.

Thanks for the reply…I’ve shifted to using the built in LIFX integration and it transitions much better. Not sure why the pulsing/turning on and off was happening but seems by using the direct integration the problem has gone. I’ve also reverted to being able to use the colour global variable instead of having to program each orientation/colour:

Thanks again!

2 Likes

I’m actually using a Wi-Fi presence sensor, and an virtual presence sensor. It works so well, I forgot I was even using it

So, my wife, myself and the car use this for presence. To avoid false presence issues, there is a setting in the app that allows me to set how long am I away before it reports away. The car connects to my wifi when I pull up, then a few minutes later after turning off it disconnects.

1 Like

o hey, nice! didnt even know that existed. :slight_smile: you learn something every day.

thanks.

If you have an asus router I highly recommend it. I use the Wi-Fi presense for things like unlocking doors. I figure its a little more secure, since I have to be pretty close to connect to wifi.

O I see thank you will make the change and see if that solves the issure

i do have an asus router. yep, looking in to it right now. thank you :slight_smile:

I have a piston that has been working in the past, but it is now showing "kill switch is active, aborting piston execution. I’ve read through posts and have tried toggling (on then off) the “kill switch” within the Webcore settings, with no success. I’ve also logged out/in, cleared cache, update webcore, but nothing seems to be working. Any suggestions?

Is anyone else using alarmserver and DSC integration? If yes, did you find a way to use the DSC virtual panel state (i.e: ready, not ready, alarming, etc) into webCoRE?

The only variable it seems to store is the virtual switch status (on/off).

Thanks!

Actually, the variables, $sunrise and $sunset, pertain to the current day. If you use the presets, Sunrise and Sunset, then conditions like “Between Sunset and Sunrise” evaluate correctly.

In expression you have access to the variable $nextsunrise. Else, you can do as I did and create a group condition “after sunset OR before sunrise” to achieve what you want.

Edit : it quoted the wrong user for somewhat reason… @Jwwhite

I’ve pieced together a couple of pistons to monitor a few things and I’m trying to call a piston to send a text message to a cell number based on which cell created the presence event. At the bottom of this piston. I assume that I need to associate each with a phone number, but I can’t grasp how to do it. Can someone help?

Okay, long fades are definitely broken. I reduced all my sunset fades to 30mins, and they didn’t even make it a quarter of the way this time before stalling. Logs don’t give any clues as to why… They just stop.

Hello ERIC182
Where did you find this Cancel on piston state change equivalent in web core?
I am Not having any Luck

If you do not see settings at the top of your piston editor then click on options and enable show piston settings. Then click on settings at the top of the script view. This dialog will open. Select the gear cog to show advanced options.

Alternatively, check the wiki

Does anyone know if it’s possible to set color temperature using the Lifx Set State command? I found this thread but wasn’t sure if I could enter this information in webcore like it suggests. {“color”: “kelvin:2500 saturation:0”}

Yes, webCoRE exposes most LIFX commands via direct integration. Visit the Settings section in the dashboard to set up the LIFX integration, then use the LIFX Set State command.