[DEPRECATED THREAD: visit community.webcore.co for assistance] WebCoRE - Example Pistons

@Michael_D do these pistons work correctly if you both leave and both arrive at the same time?

I haven’t had a problem yet. Even if we are in the same car I think the ms of delay between us is enough to satisfy the conditional statements. Seems like ST registers one then the other.

Ok maybe someone can help me with this. Basically what im trying to do is, if the pantry door is opened turn light on, if its closed, turn light off. But if its left open for more than a certain amount of time, turn it off. I dont think im doing it right. I’m testing it with 10 seconds but it never turns off. BTW im new to webCore if you couldnt tell lol

Food for thought on this as I thought of doing a core for my pantry light and decided against it because if the user fails to close the door all the way then the light will not come on the next time the door is opened due to the failure of the contact.

In short might be your best bet to use a motion sensor for this one as I too have a pantry.****

Change your first statement to changes to open.

For your do. The following.

DO
Turn On
Wait 1 minute
Turn Off

Then delete your ELSE.

Bob I did what you said but it wont turn off when i close it. The goal was if the door is opened turn on, if the door is closed turn off, but if the door is opened for longer than, i was going to do 20 minutes, then turn the light off.

I would but im trying to use what i have as far as equipment goes. My motion sensors have already been purposed. If that does indeed happen then all that they would need to do is shut the door and reopen it right?

This works for me.
Just copy it using the code in the piston and insert your devices.

1 Like

That did it Bob! Appreciate it!

That is crazy! $.50 for 1kWh. My home uses on average 1,200 kWh per month AFTER I spent a small fortune on all of this automation stuff. Before I was using about 3000 kWh. The means it would have cost me $1,500/month just in electric at your rate. I would have said to the hell with ST and just moved.

1 Like

Here’s one that works in conjunction with a motion sensor if you ever do put one in. You can remove the set piston state stuff if you don’t need it.

[quote=“deleted, post:423, topic:86060”]On events from panty door[/quote]Been trying to automate that door for years. Record of success is hit or miss. Good luck.

4 Likes

Is the event timestamp in Piston fxbgd (Door) based on GMT? That is what I’m seeing, not my hubs time which is CST.

1 Like

addHours($now - age([$device:contact]), -5)) gets me CST. Not sure why $now is working because my Hub is set for Chicago location. All good now, Thanks.

2 Likes

@ady624
Is it on the roadmap to allow for export/import of pistons between users.
Even to setup a sub section of the wiki with examples that people can import?

Also, categories, are they active and I missed setting them or is it coming soon and not released yet?

Thanks!

I thought the feature was disabled

This is there under Settings. Then on each piston page you can set the category for the piston.

1 Like

Love it, thanks! I must have missed it in my latest rummage around

1 Like

I dunno about others, but I end up staring at the flashing yellow tile with spinning triangle each time I see it.

3 Likes

I keep opening my doors and leaving them open…

1 Like