[DEPRECATED] EchoSistant Version 3.16 with Alexa Feelings

are you trying to mute music that is playing? what are you trying to mute?

Yes, anything thatā€™s playing. Specifically, the use case would be iHeartRadio or TuneIn for the occasionally annoying commercial. I mute it, then forget to ever unmute.

unfortunately those are the native Alexa applications and we canā€™t modify the way that worksā€¦ I do not believe alexa has a built in timer like that.

1 Like

This MAY, I FORGOT MAYā€¦ be possible with the upcoming EchoSistant, but you will need to install the app and call the custom intent (ask/tell Home) to mute with delay for currently playing media.

1 Like

More on thisā€¦ for delay to work, no other commands can be given to Alexa while on mute. Or else Alexa goes to sleep and you have to wake her up.

1 Like

That explains the problems Iā€™ve had. As I said, I often forget to unmute and couldnā€™t understand why she stopped some many minutes later. It must be that, during a long mute, Iā€™m inadvertently issuing a command and killing the on-hold-mute. If I understand your explanation, the problem is mostly self-correcting: I only want to mute for a short period (1-2 minutes), so if she comes back Iā€™m less likely to give a new command in that timeframe.

Hello Everyone.

We need your help. We are in the final stages of Version 4.0 and we are hoping to release within a weekā€¦ but no promises! There are some major innovative features in version 4.0 that we believe youā€™re going to love.

Butā€¦ firstā€¦ we need some Testersā€¦

Weā€™re looking for 3 or 4 people that are willing to install the new version and help us out.

Please PM if youā€™re interestedā€¦ thanksā€¦

Do I have to sign an NDA? :sunglasses:

2 of them!!!

1 Like

Would this work better:

Alexa, Volume 1 for 2 minutes

Assuming the Echo is playing at volume=6 (as an example), Iā€™d want her to go down to 1 for two minutes, then automatically return to 6.

So I think I finally ā€œfixedā€ the problem to my satisfaction. I am finally able to get CoRE to set the volume of the speaker when the ES profile is triggered. I kept trying to set volume and set level commands and nothing ever happened. Well tileSetLevel(60) does the trick. Then I just donā€™t have have ES temporarily change volume. So it wonā€™t go back to prior level of the device before the CoRE and ES run, but my messages can be heard now, and daughter can change the volume after message if needed, but at least she gets the message.

2 Likes

Help!

Iā€™m in the UK and my region is set as Ireland.
I get the Lambda error "{ ā€œerrorMessageā€: ā€œRequestId: baa4ab9f-d8d0-11e6-9d05-f772bde6c3cb Process exited before completing requestā€}

But see from earlier comments I can ignore this.

Now when I test the Main Intent I get an error message " ā€œresponseā€: {
ā€œoutputSpeechā€: {
ā€œtypeā€: ā€œPlainTextā€,
ā€œtextā€: ā€œThere was an error. If this continues to happen, please reach out for helpā€
},
ā€œcardā€: {
ā€œcontentā€: ā€œThere was an error. If this continues to happen, please reach out for helpā€,
ā€œtitleā€: ā€œLambda Errorā€,
ā€œtypeā€: ā€œSimpleā€
},
ā€œshouldEndSessionā€: true
},
ā€œsessionAttributesā€: {}
}"

Hi Andrewā€¦
Please ensure you have copied the ARN correctly and that you have the ST Token and ST appID copied correctly in the Lambda.

Please copy and paste these instead of typing them in.

Iā€™ve tried that, but still get the same error. Any other ideas?

have you followed the troubleshooting steps in the wiki?

follow those, create some screenshots and send me a pm.

but firstā€¦ log into your apiā€¦ copy the web address and post it here.

Hello folks!

I have a question. This is for those of you that are using Smart Home Monitorā€¦

Would you like to be able to walk in the door and have your speakers tell you that you have 30 seconds to disarm your security?

Would you like to say, ā€œAlexa, tell home to turn off securityā€?

and her response beā€¦

ā€œPin number pleaseā€

You would get 3 triesā€¦ get them all wrong and your alarm sounds. Get it rightā€¦ and hopefully your alarm doesnā€™t sound.

Iā€™m thinking about thisā€¦ using a Virtual Switch and a security pin. When the switch turns off, a routine or CoRE piston would toggle your SHM.

Comments??? Concerns??? Idea!!!

Thanks

3 Likes

I currently have AskAlexa installed but am looking at moving to EchoSistant, whats the best process to move accross? Uninstall all smartthing apps and amazon apiā€™s?

Not at allā€¦ You can run both smartapps at the same time with out a single problem.

The ONLY thing is that you must have different invocations names for each skill.

Version 4.0 Teaserā€¦

You come homeā€¦ ā€œAttention, Alarm system is armed. You have 30 seconds to disarmā€

Alexa, Tell Home to turn off security.
PIN number please.
XXXX
Ok, security is off.
Will there be anything else?
No.
Itā€™s been my pleasure, thank you.

5 Likes

Massive thanks to Jason for helping me get this set up in my SHM environment- Everything working from a UK user.

2 Likes