[DEPRECATED] EchoSistant Version 3.16 with Alexa Feelings

You just put them in a group and the group in the room they are, and you can call them out as ‘light’ all day long and still be able to use them all you want…without changing one thing.

1 Like

hahahah… I just thought about that… we don’t change any names…

No! We make things work for US not the other way around!

Right!!! blond moment… lol

1 Like

What would be awesome is if EchoSistant could tell what echo sent the message that we could plug into a variable. So, for example, I send a message from the office to the kitchen, so on playback it would say “Incoming message from the office” and then play the message. Not sure how possible that is…

That would be awesome… and at this time it’s just not possible.

1 Like

@bamarayne Jason will there be a post in here for the upcoming version 4 release? I have been following this thread waiting for this to drop. Otherwise I will have to start just stalking you and @SBDOBRESCU to catch the release!!!

1 Like

Yes… there will be a post

1 Like

Do you happen to have an eta for v4?

We are doing the final debugging. I start the makeover of the wiki on Monday then it should be ready.

No concrete date yet. But we are absolutely shooting for less than a week.

1 Like

If testing goes well, AND @bamarayne does his magic on Wiki, quick, it should be out by end of next week.

2 Likes

Except in at the beach right now

You enjoy it, and I can pretend I am too. Or at least say it out loud to Alexa. Just created a new Hue Scene. Alexa, I wish I was at the beach, but I am IN the x Profile. Guess what, it works well!

1 Like

Hi, new here and having a little difficulty installing. I am all the way through my first profile and when the instructions go state: 8. You are now at the Service Simulator tab. I am at the Configuration tab instead of the Test tab. This is the panel where you would normally enter the ARN. Should I skip this step? When I do testing is disabled.

Thanks for a great app can’t wait to use it

You can enable the testing. But if you get the results you need (meaning you are able to send messages to a remote speaker, then you can skip this step).

Just a forewarning, the new version is coming out very soon, and will require you to do the updating process all over again. But you now have experience, so updating should be a breeze.

Enjoy your new app!

Thanks. When I flip the enable switch it won’t stay enabled. If I enter the ARN from the lambda code it allows me to test but the I get an error during testing.

May have to delete the Profile skill and start over.

Save the ARN. So you have built the Interaction Model, added the ARN on the Configuration tab, and now when you go to the Test tab, if you click enable testing it gives you an error?

What’s the error you get?

Seven days of EchoSistant 4.0 Teaser Alerts:

Teaser 1

Me: Alexa, tell Assistant to SET REMINDER to take the trash out.
Alexa: for how long?
Me: 7 days

Later,
When reminder is due, Assistant delivers the text of the reminder to a remote speaker or via sms.

Bonus teaser:

Me: Alexa ask Assistant what reminders do I have?
Alexa: you have one reminder: to take the trash out.

Me: Alexa ask Assistant to cancel reminder to take the trash out.

1 Like

First, thanks for the help.

I select: AWS Lambda ARN (Amazon Resource Name)

and

North America

then paste the ARN from the Lambda app. This allows me to test.

When I enter a test phrase I get: “The response is invalid” . So I am assuming it is in my Intent or Utterances. Will keep trying. Thanks again