[DEPRECATED] EchoSistant Version 3.16 with Alexa Feelings

lol… you bet… I’ve spent months upon months sitting on a ship listening to those guys bounce off the roof… such a fun time…

1 Like

wishing you well !!

2 Likes

AFAIK the Github integration doesn’t work in the UK, At least I’ve never managed to do it, so it’s a manual copy and paste every time I update…

http://docs.smartthings.com/en/latest/tools-and-ide/github-integration.html

Note

GitHub IDE integration is only available in the US.

well that sucks… but no worry there… the important part is the oAuth… that works everywhere as far as I know.

Doh !

OK I seem to be there with Step 5 now.

I did the full revoke and reset security access token.
I then discovered I need to do more than just toggle “Show Security Tokens” to ON in the App. Doing this alone does not generate any messages in the live log. It is only when I also then hit DONE in the App that the token message is generated in the live log, I have the token showing in the App now as well.
Looking back at the Wiki I think you need to resequence step 5.5 and step 5.6. That is: step 5.6 - hit DONE, needs to be before the current step 5.5 - look for the live log message.

I shall now crack on with the rest of the wiki steps.
Thanks for all the help. Be careful if Big Bertha calls round :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Rahhh!!! Marine checking in

2 Likes

Hi, I am trying to install the EchoSistant smart app. I have followed all the steps as per the wiki, but I am stuck at “Step 3: GitHub Integration”. I don’t see the buttons from the screenshot which show “Commit Changes”, “Update from Repo” and “Settings”. I just have 1 button there which is the green “+New Smartapp”.

Can you please let me know how I progress?

please take a screen shot of your screen at that point and post it.

I see a comment above that Github integration doesn’t work in the UK. I am in the UK so that answers my question. I have completed till Step 2. Would this mean I have now successfully added the smartapp to my account? I can see it under My apps in my phone.

go ahead and continue the install, following the steps in order.

one question regarding selecting the AWS locations. Should I still be selecting the North America locations or I should be picking the European locations?

If you are in Europe, everything should be European.

Hi Again.
Hit another snag as I gradually work through the wiki instructions.
Now on Step 9 Main Intent Skill - Create.
I am at step 9.6 trying to create the 4 slot types. However when I put in the details for the first slot type i.e. LIST_OF_PROFILES and “none” and then I hit save the thing just seems to lock up and stop responding. When I hit save I get a message at the bottom of the browser page which says “Please wait while this Alexa skill is updated…” and a kind of circular clock movement symbol underneath it. However the circular clock like symbol does not move around in a circle it is just static, the please wait message never goes. In effect it seems to be locked up and I have to reload the page, which then just gets me back to the original input page with no slot types, I try again and the same result again. So I cannot even get it to create the first slot type, never mind 4. (I am running in IE11)

Any ideas ?

Start with a different slot type.

Nope, makes no difference which slot type I try to create first, just seems to lock up and never come back with an updated web page when I hit SAVE.
Wondering whether it is some kind of browser issue with IE11 ?

I did choose English (UK) rather than English (US) earlier but can’t see why that should be the problem.

I see this a lot with Amazon… log out, log back in, and give it a shot.

Nope. Logged back in and still no joy.
See the amazon support forum has a bunch of posts from people with the same type of problem. Couldn’t see any fix mentioned - just try again.
Maybe try again another day. Time for bed now in Brexit land - “Alexa, turn off downstairs”

well, keep at it…

do me a favor… post screenshots of any error messages… not copy/paste, but actual screen shots… Thanks

So following the installation instructions I have come to

Step 9. Main Intent Skill - Create

I am at the test section and the Lambda Response came back saying there was an error.

Here is the screenshot.