[DEPRECATED] EchoSistant Evolved ~ Amazon Echo's Only Assistant with Robust Scheduling and Flexible Reporting

**** Alexa can be a very touchy woman… She really cares how you talk to her. Sometimes she listens… but most of the time you just have to put up with her. I think of Alexa like my I do my wife… “Crazy Hot Scale” ~ Red headed, green eyed Irish woman…

Take a look at this video… you’ll see what I mean…

1 Like

Well, that’s our job to make Alexa less annoying, that’s what EchoSistant is ALL about! Work around coming soon!

No way! If I have the patience to put up with her, I use the native integration. In all of my testing, 2 times is the charm. I accept Alexa to get it wrong the first time, BUT I expect EchoSistant to ‘help’ Alexa get it right the second time. Anything less is too annoying for me to use it…

Don’t tell me my job! You’re not my real dad! LOL

I agree… And that is why EchoSistant is as awesome as it is and is growing every day!

1 Like

Is the new thermostat setting supposed to work in Celsius?

I absentmindedly tried to set the temperature to effectively off.
Me: "Ask Home to set downstairs heat to 9"
Alexa: "OK. Setting downstairs heat to 60 degrees"
Me: “…”

This is a Nest, and using Nest Manager.

We didn’t code in the Celsius conversion at the start. It’s in work, but not sure when it will be complete

Does the Lambda part have to be done in order to use EchoSistant??

No, only if you want to use EchoSistant with an Alexa enabled device…

Thanks! Another question please. I installed the parent app but when I get to this part of the “Install Child App” section I get confused.

1. Read #7 and #8 below; then click on this link to for the child app software.
    http://thingsthataresmart.wiki/index.php?title=EchoSistant#Latest_Software_Versions

Once you have copied the source code to your clip board, come back to this page and follow the steps below:

It seems to not take me to where I can copy the RAW code.

Help a NEWBIE please…I love my Amazon Echo…

Do I also need to install all theses parts, separately:

Echo : EchoSistant Echo
EchoSistant - Lambda Code
Echo : EchoSistant - Main Custom Slots
Echo : EchoSistant - Main Intent Echo : EchoSistant - Main Utterances

Echo : Profiles
Echo : Profiles - Intent
Echo : Profiles - Utterances
Echo : Profiles - Custom Slots

So in order to use my Echo Dot with ST I would need Lambda?

Since you are using the Amazon Alexa Service, to fully utilize this app, you must install:

• Echo : EchoSistant Echo

• These are all part of this install:

• EchoSistant - Lambda Code
    • Echo : EchoSistant - Main Custom Slots
    • Echo : EchoSistant - Main Intent Echo : EchoSistant - Main Utterances
  • Echo: Profiles

• These are all part of this install:
      • Echo : Profiles - Intent
      • Echo : Profiles - Utterances
      • Echo : Profiles - Custom Slots

Follow the wiki very closely… It explains exactly what you need to do, step by step

I think I get most of it but I get lost with the Lambda thing.Thanks

No worry, We are more than happy to walk you through it. It’s fairly straight forward and we are here to help.

Something occurred earlier that I wish I could have caught on video… It showed the true flexibility of EchoSistant.

my oldest son has come back home for a bit and has never used Alexa in any way. He knows he has to tell the house to do things… but of course will not read my “Smart Home Manual” and never listens… lol…

His name is Cody… he walked into the kitchen this morning.

Cody - Alexa, turn on the, yeah, in this room, yeah, turn them on… the lights here in the kitchen.

(I just shook my head… thinking oh no… here we go again!)

Alexa - Ok, turning on the kitchen lights. Would you like anything else?

I was just like WOW!!!

3 Likes

I replicated what he did… check this out!

2 Likes

I can’t even get past getting my token. It gives me the STappID but under STToken is says ‘null’

follow these steps closely.

http://thingsthataresmart.wiki/index.php?title=EchoSistant#OAuth_-_Enable_in_the_IDE_and_how_to_use_it

I asked for a new security token and that time it worked.

2 Likes

awesome!!! keep holding your finger just like that and you’re golden!

1 Like

HI, I am having a problem in the Amazon Developer at the Test stage. When I type in Turn on “my light device”, the lambda response back is: “text”: "Sorry, I heard that you were looking to on something but Echosistant wasn’t able to take any actions , would you like to try again? "

I have doubled and tripled checked everything, but I can’t get by the test.