[DEPRECATED] Blink Camera Device Handler with Motion Sensor, Live Video Streaming, Integration with SmartThings/SHM, Temperature, Signals and Push Notifications

i am not seeing a my apps from the star (marketplace) and I am running IOS 9 with smart things

Looks like I forgot to enable OAuth. I enabled it and I no longer received the error. Could have sworn I enabled it, does it reset when you update the code?

6:31:04 PM: error Error creating access token, have you ENABLED OAuth in the SmartApp Settings?

1 Like

Good thing I put a check and message for that in there :wink:

It only creates a new access token when you reinitialize the smartapp (open and click done)

1 Like

Let me start by saying I have NOT loaded the newest version. I am away from home, with only my tablet and don’t type, cut, paste, etc. With the tablet. Will do that in a week when I get home. In the meantime, question. I us SmartTiles. Used the camera tile. I can click on the camera icon, and it spins, but no picture, where do I view the picture? Thanks

You should ask the SmartTiles team @tgauchat
I believe they’re still working a BETA to display the image and cannot be displayed in the current version of SmartTiles

Just thought I’d put this out here for folks - great post from @wsutard1

If folks are experiencing “slowness” of the blink camera to upload videos/images to the Blink server.

It’s not in Beta, sorry… this feature request is “deferred”. Works in proof-of-concept test, so it is possible we will add it to some future version. Just sitting in the pile of feature requests, unfortunately.

Hi @RBoy,

The Blink app is installed in ST, but it does not appear in the installed SmartApps list.

This was added to the instructions:

NOTE: Due to a recent ST platform bug you may not be able to see your Blink Camera SmartApp in your phone under installed SmartApps. Until ST fixes the issue, use the following workaround for it to show up on your phone after installing the Blink Camera Manager SmartApp:

On your IDE, go to my locations -> click on List Smartapps -> then under the Blink Smart App Uncheck Enable local child app discovery. It will now show up on your phone under Installed SmartApps.
Just because you can’t see the SmartApp in your list of installed SmartApps, DO NOT Install the BLINK CAMERA MANAGER SmartApp multiple times WITH THE SAME LOGIN, there should only be one Blink Camera Manager SmartApp for each unique login

2 Likes

Thanks @beckwith. Got that sorted out just now. What is going on with ST? I like the new ST app, and that it loads a little faster than before. But this is a new low for them! And you know me from my posts…I normally stand up for them.

Two steps forward and one back.

Oh So So True!

Sneak peek… (sorry about the quality)

6 Likes

When when when…

1 Like

What’s there to be sorry about? It’s a sneak peek at an amazing feature. And usually sneak peeks are supposed to blurry as all hell to keep people guessing :joy:

2 Likes

Does that full screen button work?

That will be pretty awesome. I still keep finding myself going back to the Blink app when I get motion event notification in ST. Will be nice to view live within ST.

Yeah. I wish I could add a tile to Smarttiles to go to Blink App

This is live view, not videos (that will come in future, still trying to figure out the UI for it)

1 Like

Yes, it will be a great feature. Thanks again for a great app.

1 Like