[DEPECRATED] Neurio-SmartThings integration

Hi,

See my post above:

For a small condo, it works quite well. For a large house, it’s good with big appliances only (ex. dryer, electric baseboards, A/C, dehumidifier, HRV/ERV, etc.).

My smartapps can instantiate the main Neurio device and all the appliances that you wish to expose to ST.

Regards.

1 Like

@edden Nearly 2 years later, the appliance detection is next to useless for me. I would say my house is “average” sized with a minimum running wattage of around 400w when we’re away. I have some gear that runs 24/7 keeping my power draw slightly elevated.

Each and ever time I’ve attempted to set up an appliance it seems to be relatively ok for a day or two and then stops being picked up or has too many false positives to be useful. Things like microwaves and sump pumps with plenty of very consistent wattage draw too.

I like my Neurio at the end of the day for the visibility to my whole house, and being able to turn things on/off to see what they draw, but as far as appliance detection, don’t plan on using it. They’ve had plenty time to get it ironed out and it hasn’t gotten any better so I don’t expect it to.

Same thing for my Neurio. It seems like there’s competing devices out there but I’m not sure if they do a better job of application detection. I originally got this to more reliable record how much energy was feeding into my electric vehicle but Neurio never seemed to work as expected. Thankfully, the car manufacturer has an API that intrepid developers have been able to hook into which reports this data for me to consume easily. I now see that there are localized energy monitors that can hook directly into SmartThings though it would be nice to have a reliable whole house monitor that could be more precise about energy usage per device/application.

It is a tough game. I think Neurio had an ambitious goal but anything larger than a small apartment just has too many sources of randomness. I think we will see these big $ devices get smart integrations themselves more often than a singular device being able to detect each reliably.

Like I said, I still like my Neurio for the whole house power application and being able to monitor that. I know there are cheaper options with tighter integrations (Z-Wave) but I am not bummed I took the risk with Neurio and am not replacing it anytime soon.

I’m have an issue with MyNeurioServiceMgr. I am only able to see one appliance exposed to ST even though I selected a few. So I decided to install multiple instances if the app which seemed to work. But now adding the app again leaves me stuck on the sensor selection window but it says “You can’t currently add this”. Any ideas of what I should do?

ST logs show: exception groovyx.net.http.HttpResponseException: Unauthorized while getting list of Sensors

This usually means that you’re have entered the wrong credentials to create the neurio appliances and ST cannot query Neurio to get the list of appliances.

Could you send me an email to services@maisonsecomatiq.com with your logs?

Regards.

I just tried again. Its working again for me now. I didn’t change any credentials in the process. There must be some sort of security lockout or something because I was authenticating with neurio many times in a row. I now have each appliance exposed to ST but I had to do it with a few instances of MyNeurioServiceMgr installed.

The problem is that both ST and Neurio have rate limiting issues when creating child devices within a smartapp.

Depending on the load on both platforms, you may be able to create all your ST appliances in one or few instances.

Glad that you were able to create what you need.

Regards

Hi,

I made a change for the instantiation of the Neurio appliances so that the ST rate limiting issue would not happen again.

The new version is available at my store.

Regards

Hi,

This morning, I sent out a new version to all my active contributors to correct some UI issues following the ST mobile app v.2.4.0 release.

The new version is available at my store.

Regards.

I’ve just released new versions of MyNeurio & MyNeurioApliance Service Managers to all my active contributors. The new versions take advantage of the new Message Queue mechanisms put in place in Ask Alexa.

• My Neurio & MyNeurioAppliance Service Managers can now send any integration’s exception events to your chosen Ask Alexa’s Message Queue(s) as verbal notifications.

The new versions can be downloaded now at my store:

1 Like

Hi,

As indicated by @MichaelS in his AskAlexa thread, I’ve just released a new version of MyNeurioServiceMgr (v1.5.1) which can send daily/weekly/monthly Power & Energy Consumption And Generation summary reports to AskAlexa via its Messages Queues.

• This new feature will allow verbal notifications of your Power & Energy Consumption And Generation on a daily basis.

The new version is available for download at my store.

www.ecomatiqhomes.com/store

Regards.

1 Like

Hi,

I have just purchased your latest version (1.5.2a). I have installed the device handlers and both SmartApps following the documentation in Github. I also updated the callback URL with my specific shard and keys to my newly created app in Neiur.io. When I launch the SmartAPP on my iPhone (OS11.0) I see the initial “about” screen with version info, paypal and more info. When I click next it is a blank screen. I assume this is attempting to connect to the Neurio portal correct? It is stuck here. Let me know what I should try. Thanks.

def getServerUrl() { return “https://graph-na04-useast2.api.smartthings.com” }

def getSmartThingsClientId() { “###################” }

def getSmartThingsPrivateKey() { “###################” }

I’ve also set Homepage URL Callback URL the same in Neiu.io app setup. Is that correct?

Homepage URL
https://graph-na04-useast2.api.smartthings.com
The full URL to your app’s homepage
Callback URL
https://graph-na04-useast2.api.smartthings.com
This is where we’ll send people after they authenticate

Well I figured it out… I missed the step to enable oAuth. It works now. :wink:

Good :grinning:

Been using an old version of this since release that has been just fine but felt like getting the most recent code so went ahead and purchased the license.

As expected, everything is working great! Thanks @yvesracine!

I have followed all of the steps to install the smart app, but after I run myneurioservicemgr app I am able to login to Generac/Neurio, and allow access to the account. It is saying that I am now connected. But when I go to the next step to add the sensor it says “you can’t currently add this”. So basically it isn’t connecting. Not sure what is missing.

Hi, it’s hard for me to help you without logs.

I was able to instantiate the neurio devices without issues at my location.

You need to allow the integration when prompted at the Neurio login, and, after the blue message that you’re connected, make sure to press ‘done’ before going to the next page.

If your DTH (Device Type Handler) is saved and published like indicated in the installation steps, then the smartapp should be able to create the Neuro device(s) provided that you’ve followed all the prerequisites about the shard and the URL redirect for the Neurio app.

If you need further assistance, you may want to subscribe to my 6-month support package at my store and I will do the installation for you under your ST account.

Regards

I’ll get some logs. I’m wondering if the API has moved since they were bought out by generac. I did push done and then got the message on the next page.