Delay not working?

It looks like it was changed to seconds. My quick test using seconds instead of milliseconds worked.

1 Like

Ah I see… I totally misread that. Hmm… I wonder where that change was announced :smirk:

1 Like

It is things like this that make the difference between ‘possible to develop for’ and ‘developer friendly’, I think.

3 Likes

I can confirm this. It appears that [delay: msecs] now delays that number of seconds, not that number of milliseconds. Hey only off by a factor of 1000.

Submit a ticket.

@slagle, @Tyler, @jody.albritton, @Jim:

device.off([delay: 25]) now delays for 25 seconds instead of 25 milliseconds. Confirmed behavior.

1 Like

I am trying to find the root of this issue.

2 Likes

Ticket # 204239

There is no scheduled job shown in the IDE for this type of delay.

1 Like

We have discovered the cause of this issue and working on a fix to revert back to milliseconds. I will update as I know more.

3 Likes

Just curious what was the root cause and how come there isn’t any kind of regression testing in place to prevent this type of screw-ups?

2 Likes

Appreciate the quick response!!

There were unit tests in place and they all passed. In the old scheduler we were converting seconds to milliseconds at some point. This did not make it into the new scheduler, and has subsequently been added as a hotfix. Unit tests were also added to test against the proper values so that future updates will keep to the documented standard.

2 Likes

I adjusted my code reflect seconds vs milliseconds, and it appears to be working with seconds still. This would also explain why my bedroom lights were coming on until 3:00am the other day after tripping my alarm earlier in the evening. Someone owes my wife a big apology…,

Is there an ETA for this Hotfix?

1 Like

I moved everything over to runIn() even though they don’t recommend runIn less than 1 minute. That part of the new scheduler seems to be fine. I don’t really want to break all of my rules again when delay switches back to milliseconds.

It’s been more than a week since this regression was discovered. I presume it’s fixed now, right?

1 Like

That would be the person who set up the trigger, YOU…

Yes…“few weeks”

That would be yesterday. Yep, that’s what they said.

At this point, it really doesn’t matter what they say. Expect nothing, and you will still be disappointed.

4 Likes

The problem was identified the same day it was reported. A fix was created and placed into our production repo 5 days ago. The next date on the release schedule is 4/6(tomorrow) and it is currently approved and ready for deployment sometime in the morning.

3 Likes

Can you confirm if this went into production today or not?

2 Likes

Apologies all, but we have delayed the release. I will get more information soon.

1 Like

Was this fixed within the last day or two? My camera delay started acting funny so I tested it in IDE. It appears to be working on milliseconds again.

Yes, here are the notes for the release last week that contained a fix:

2 Likes