DC voltage sensor

Can anyone recommend a sensor for measuring voltage in the 10V-13Vdc range? It looks like the MimoLite may be one options. Are there others you can recommend?

1 Like

MIMOlite is the only good one, and it aint that good. The voltage input translation is GOOFY.

I have a VERY low-priority project to adapt the presence/arrival sensor to power it from the 12V battery of a driveway anchor, to keep the battery from flattening. The principle is to “scale and offset” the voltage of the anchor to the reporting range of the arrival sensor. But it only reports in 11% increments so it’s not fine monitoring - i think it would be good enough to keep the battery juiced enough to eventually drive it to the junkyard.

Designing Gain and Offset in Thirty Seconds - Texas Instruments

http://www.ti.com/lit/an/sloa097/sloa097.pdf

Oddly I have not found 30seconds to make this project happen yet.

Is there anything that works with eu z-wave? Mimo2+ seems US only

Sensor below has a range from 0 to 3.3V, adding 1MΩ resistor between voltage source and pin A0 will extend range to 13.2V.

1 Like

Hello- did you ever find a solution? I’d like to monitor a battery on a small solar system and automate a smart switch/charger. Thx.

What’s the exact voltage?

The Shelly Uni can monitor 0 -30 V.

https://www.shelly.cloud/en/products/shop/shelly-uni-1

A community developer is currently working on a custom edge driver for it.

It may already work with the Shelly cloud to cloud integration, I don’t know. :thinking:

Thx. Standard 12V AGM battery w MorningStar controller and 100W panel.
I get a 404 error when switching Shelly site to US.

The USA page is working for me, so I’m not sure what the issue was. Maybe just try again? Here’s the direct link to the USA page.

Shelly Uni - All Products - Products - Shelly

Thx that link works not sure why.
How would one implement this chip for DC monitoring? Lots of pins!

See the manual, there are two ADC (analog to digital conversion) inputs, so you would use one of those. There’s also more detail discussion and some examples in the forum thread about the edge driver that I linked to, including one community member who is using it to monitor the backup battery for a garage door opener, which would be a similar use case to yours.

1 Like

Is this operation still in business. I bought a unit on Amazon which programmed OK and is visible on my WIFi but won’t link to to system to be read.