Data Graphing and Visualization

Hi Folks,

This is my first post in the forum, so please bear with me as I’m sure this has been covered multiple times. Just can’t seem to find a definitive solution and a good portion of the threads relating to graphing seem to be a bit older.

I have to say I’m a bit frustrated at this point with something so simple and basic. The only thing I’d like to see is a graph of the data being pulled from my devices…

I’ve setup and successfully logged data via SimpleEventLogger, but haven’t got a decent graph to populate… I’m still working on this in my spare time, but before I allocate any further efforts I’d like to know if theres a simpler solution?

Looking into Initial State, Groove Streams and the rest of the bunch outlined in the Data Logging Roundup. I don’t have a server. I know very little code. I plan on educating myself as I go, but for now I need something setup and graphing.

So before I sign up and start piddling with the different services, what do you guys recommend?

I really appreciate your time and thank you for the wealth of knowledge contained within this community!

If you don’t have a server this won’t help a lot but I use the InfluxdB logger to send metrics to an Influx database then use Grafana to create the graphs. You can find examples on the forum searching for those products. I send the data to an AWS server but you could use a PC at home if it’s up all the time.

1 Like

i still use this with the google sheets logging smartapp…

2 Likes