Dashboard Theming (Custom CSS) and Mounting Hardware Ideas

Glad you got it working :slight_smile:

1 Like

This is my bedroom controller. Anyone else wanna share some modifications to their theme? Iā€™ve seen the white one and it looks great but it would be too bright in the bedroom at night.

5 Likes

That looks absaloutly fantastic mate great work :slight_smile:

I cant wait to shortly by a good few android tablets and have one per room, looking forward to multiple dashboards again so i can make room specific panels

This excites me more than anything about ST at the moment :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Niceā€¦ Where did you find your stand? It looks nice, I assume thats an iPad Mini?

I actually pulled out my old (but still functioning) HP Touchpad with wireless stand. It actually works rather well with SmartTiles. So if anyone had one abanded, this could be a good use for it. :smile:

1 Like

It is an iPad mini. The stand was on amazon for $11. It has 2 USB ports in the back so it works perfect. It plugs into the wall so it powers the 2 usbs.

1 Like

Link to product please!

EasyAccĀ® 17W 5V 3.4A 2 Smart USB Port Charger Stand 1 Rubber Slot Charging Dock for iPhone 6 6Plus iPad Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge S5 and other Smartphones, Tablets - Black https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0122TCN6A/ref=cm_sw_r_awd_A6sfwbNSRRSD6

And thanks again to @625alex for this. My family can actually live with all of this stuff now.

3 Likes

Does anybody know if the new $50 Amazon Fire Tablet work with SmartTiles?
Iā€™ve never had an Amazon tablet device before. I imagine that as long as it has Chrome and Iā€™m able to add it to the Home Screen then it will work, but I donā€™t really know that for a fact. So Iā€™m checking if anybody knows or uses the Fire tablet and has done this. Thank you.

Yes it does!

Less than 20 char.

2 Likes

You can handle every situation with this mount.

5 Likes

Iā€™ve got an old Blackberry playbook thatā€™s gathering dust. Any chance it will work with SmartTiles???
Iā€™m in the UK and with the status of OAuth at the moment I cant test it.

Great addition to any guyā€™s can! You can read the news and watch HBO while getting it done! Lol!

Looking at options to mount either an old Nexus 7 or maybe something newer / faster. I stumbled across this product and whilst not as nice as the flush / bespoke in wall solutions i thought it might be a really easy and cheap option for some users here to get started with any device. The fact it comes with 2 mounts could be nice for people to try a set up out in a few rooms before doing something more permanent. Now if only OAuth wasnt getting in my way here in the UK :cry:

The amazon page isnt very helpful as to how it works but the actual product page has a video showing it in action - Its really simple and thin by the looks. Also nice as it allows any orientation of the tablet. Perhaps this with some of the in wall charge plates would be a really flexible solution.

http://www.thepadtab.com/buynow/padtab-original-ipad-wall-mount

Anyone had any experience with it?

2 Likes

I found that an ipod 4th gen fits perfectly inside a powerpoint cover and coupled with SmartTiles makes a perfect switch for my bedside lamps. Iā€™m currently renting so the install is (very) temporary and wired, once we move into our own place Iā€™ll look into hiding the cable.

I was waiting for multiple dashboards to be available before I installed this as I wanted the switch tiles to be 1x2 with the clock below but it still works well with the clock and the mode buttons in my current dashboard.

5 Likes

This is cute! What is this ā€œpowerpoint coverā€?

1 Like

WE ALL WANT A TOUCHSCREEN TABLE
(If you say you dont, your lying :wink: haha)

so without going down the back projected / camera detected / silicone topped (yes i did my research haha) approach to do this cheap haha, does anybody know of a tablet that has a relatively hard screen (more than likely plastic/acrylic) that would be suitable for this, anything from ipad size to full blown table size for a realistic price

i like the idea of been able to have smarttiles built into my table but also needs to be fairly strong (or as strong as can be) encase anything is put on it etc

ideas - hit me with them :wink:

5 Likes

Iā€™m surprised you didnā€™t alter the photo(s) with pasted SmartTiles screen shots!!! :smiling_imp:

3 Likes

if i wasnā€™t in bed i would of, i could always edit tomorrow :wink: hahaha

2 Likes