"could not initialize proxy - no Session" error

[I have already contacted ST support, but they suggested me I should also post this issue here; so, here it is]

My thermostat application started failing with this error:

5976d23c-e7f7-4c8c-89c2-04f2fed48da1 ‎9‎:‎36‎:‎45‎ ‎AM: error could not initialize proxy - no Session

Adding some tracing information, the error seems to be triggered by access to location.mode:

5976d23c-e7f7-4c8c-89c2-04f2fed48da1 ‎9‎:‎36‎:‎45‎ ‎AM: error could not initialize proxy - no Session
5976d23c-e7f7-4c8c-89c2-04f2fed48da1 ‎9‎:‎36‎:‎45‎ ‎AM: debug check1.2
5976d23c-e7f7-4c8c-89c2-04f2fed48da1 ‎9‎:‎36‎:‎45‎ ‎AM: debug Away
5976d23c-e7f7-4c8c-89c2-04f2fed48da1 ‎9‎:‎36‎:‎45‎ ‎AM: debug check1

Code:
def doUpdateTempSettings()
{
log.debug "check1"
log.debug state.latestMode
log.debug "check1.2"
log.debug location.mode
log.debug “check1.3”

The same code has been working smoothly for a few months in the past…
The function is invoked as the result of a runIn(15, …) command.

It’s interesting to note that the error pops up only when the function executing that code is run as the result of a runIn() invocation; when it’s run as the result of a (temperature change) event, it runs smoothly…

Help?

Change your runin line to this:

def now = new Date()
def runTime = new Date(now.getTime() + (the time from now in seconds goes here))
runOnce(runTime, "what you were launching to goes here")

Should work.

Twack

Shouldn’t it be …new Date(now.getTime() + timeInMillisecondsFromNow) ?

Anyway, yes, that does solve the issue… Should I infer that runIn() is buggy/broken/should not be used?

Yes and Yes. It’s being worked.

OK, thanks.
Do you have an ETA for when runIn() will be stable again? Are we talking hours? Days? Weeks? Months?

I’m asking because several of my smartapps rely on runIn(), and I need to know whether I should modify them to use runOnce() instead or if I should just live with some deteriorated behavior in the least critical ones - which I couldn’t afford with the app managing thermostats…

This fix to runIn will be deployed in the next day or two, most likely tomorrow.

Thanks Ryan; that definitely helps.

@Minollo, This fix has now been deployed. Let us know if you see anymore issues.

It is working well for me now.
Thanks!