CoRE - Get peer assistance here with setting up Pistons

No dice so far, updated CoRE in IDE, rebooted the phone, Still won’t load.

Not even sure how to debug such an issue.

My only suggestion for now would be to roll back to a previous version. I haven’t updated to the latest released today.

1 Like

Disregard, I got it. I updated from github and had no luck. I manually grabbed the code forced it in there and published.

Now in the app. Whatever it was, thank you.

Good deal, if it works, we’ll take it!

2 Likes

I have an Axom Striimlight / speaker that I am using with MediaRenderer to allow me to control as a dlna speaker. I am trying to create a simple piston that will speak a phrase whenever a contact sensor is open. Everytime I run the piston, it executes correctly but no sound is played on the speaker. If I check the logs I see the following:

Skipping event generation for sound file http://s3.amazonaws.com/smartapp-media/polly-tts/salli/this_is_a_test.mp3?ts=1495041458146

Can anybody suggest why this would happen?

Thanks

Hello, I just wanted to thank you for responding and the information. I have installed webCoRE per your suggestion and have started to create pistons. This is bringing back memories of my programming days :slight_smile: but you have made it easier with the pull downs and selections. Thank you again, appreciate it.

1 Like

No problem, we all have @ady624 to thank for this amazing work :slight_smile:

So, please, help. I want ST to say “fridge door is open” every 3 minutes, while the door contact stays open. I almost made it work with a follow up piston, but the problem is that piston remains activated even though I already closed the door.

thanks

You are my life saver, this works exactly what I wanted!

Can a piston repeat itself?

If so what is wrong with this piston? Trying to loop the changing colors.

Hello,

I have 2 questions about CoRE:

1- Is it possible to do multiple locations logic? I have a pretty big house that 1 smartthings hub is not enough, yet I want all devices on all hubs to work together, for example if a sensor activates that is connected to the first hub, the light connected to the third hub should light up.

2- Can CoRE perform tasks in parallel instead of in sequence? I noticed when I try to group a number of lights they always do the command in sequence. for example, if button 1 is pressed then change the color of all living room lights to red and reduce brightness. This will actually make them turn red one by one then reduce brightness one by one. Can’t CoRE make them all change simultaneously?

Thanks, great app!

WebCoRE I believe will have some support for multi-location, not sure exactly how much.

Question 2, it’s doable in WebCoRE also.

Thanks! I simplified and moved across to webCoRE… :slight_smile:

Does webCORE support shared pistons at this time?

What do you mean “shared”?

Hi, I’m trying to set up an Else-If piston.
I have set my “else if” condition as an IFTTT event. However when I select the IFTTT as the capability, nothing appears in the Comparison list. Simply get “no available options”, rather than “executed”, as appears when i select the IFTTT capability on the primary “if” part above.
Any help gratefully received!
Cheers
Matt

I thought you were designing webCoRE to be able to share pistons. So instead of us having to rebuild someone else’s templates can be uploaded and shared.

Like these?

Here’s one for motion triggered lights:

And this is a variation for contact sensors:

Create a new piston, select the orange option and enter the code you want to import. That kind of shared? :smiley:

Or maybe the crazy-creative ones some users are coming up with? And sharing? [DEPRECATED THREAD: visit community.webcore.co for assistance] WebCoRE - Example Pistons

PS: To answer the original question, yes, webCoRE supported sharing and importing pistons since day 1. It was technically built around that concept.

1 Like

I seem to be having an issue with either the zooz 4-in-1 motion sensor or the Piston it is being used in. This was working flawlessly up until about two weeks ago. All of a sudden my hall light would turn on regardless of the light amount. I have tried everything to make this work but it seems that the piston isn’t getting the proper info from the motion sensor. In the pictures I show that the zooz 4-in-1 was registering lux at 35.6 and Light was registering at 68.1%, and in my piston I have it set for the light to come on if the illuminance is equal to or below 30 and yet the light still went on. I have tried changing the light settings and changing the settings of the motion sensor but nothing seems to work. Like I said this was working flawlessly before so it isn’t the piston. Any suggestions?

I just want a simple action. I get up in the middle of the night and step into my hallway I want the lights to come up to 5%. However when I set this the light goes up to a higher percent when entering the hallway and then down to 5%. Why is this and what can I do about it? Also… I would like the light to go off after X minutes of motion. How do I do the 2nd step? Sorry super new to CoRE and overwhelmed.

1 Like