CoRE for Dummies (How to get started and make your first Piston)

Updating the ST app to Android 2.2.3 fixed it. Thanks!

I have followed the instructions in wiki on how to install. Successfully published CoRE in SmartThings IDE but still unable to see CoRE in SmartThings app under My Apps in Marketplace. I redo the steps 2-3 times regardless manual or github installation, it still doesn’t show. Any help on this?

Is the OAuth authorized in IDE? If so, then open your ST app on your phone. Look at the bottom of the ST app for automations, click that then go to SmartApps at the top right corner and click that, it should be there.

Found out whats the problem.
I should be accessing this: https://graph-eu01-euwest1.api.smartthings.com
instead of this: graph.api.smartthings.com

By the way, it is only able to create one piston? I can make many conditions but only one piston?

Hello, I’m new to this SmartThings stuff and getting an error every time I try to create my first CoRE piston getting a red banner saying “You are not authorized to perform the requested operation.” Doesn’t matter if it’s If… or Then… actions. I’ve installed and reinstalled CoRE several times today with no luck. The logs says:
"error java.lang.NullPointerException: Cannot get property ‘app’ on null object @ line 809 "
"error org.codehaus.groovy.runtime.typehandling.GroovyCastException: Cannot cast object ‘null’ with class ‘null’ to class ‘int’. Try ‘java.lang.Integer’ instead @ line 1391 "

I’m using the Windows Phone SmartThings app so not sure if that has anything to do with this. Any suggestions to get past this error?

You enabled oAuth in the device settings of the smart app (api)?

Thank you very much for this introductory guide! I can program (somewhat inadequately) and certainly am familiar with if/then statements, but I’m brand new to SmartThings; getting pointed in the right direction for the IDE login, integrating GitHub, and the tutorial on CoRE was exactly what I needed to get myself up and running with my new toy.

I’m pretty excited about what all can be done with CoRE, so thanks again!

I am having problem with integrating my Harmony with CoRE.

I select Media Controller and then select my Hub. Then I do not know the difference between Activities and current Activity in the Attribute. I am also seeing that the Harmony Activities are not pulled in, so I am assuming I need to use the IDs from the IDE, but that is not working either.

Am I missing something?

I think I figured it out. They are switches. I am testing now.

Not sure about the Sonos speakers. I don’t have any so don’t do any audio outputs for my messages.

I’d suggested heading over to the help thread and post the question there:

There are a few devices used to speak notifications. Some use Sonos, big talker app, vlc thing, there may be more. Do you use any of the ones I mentioned?

I would definitely take a look at BigTalker app. It has many variables such as %devicename% that can be entered in when you want it to say things. CoRe can probably do it using advance variables but this is built in and very easy to use.

1 Like

is it possible to trigger a routine from within core? I have an existing routine that shuts everything off in my house. It’s a lot of work to duplicate this, and would also then suffer from duplication.

Yes this is possible.

So I’ve been using core since Christmas.
I have been noticing that pistons won’t always fire when they should. Has anyone else noticed this?
Sometimes i will go into the smart app section and click on the play button next to Core and the piston that should have fired will fire.

Thanks for all the app devs have done the app is pretty amazing.

Thanks to your steps I was able to create a Piston quite easily! However, where do I create the second, third and so on? I don’t see where it says anything like “Add new piston”!

Confused

Make sure you access CoRE from the Automations section, SmartApps tab. The Market Place is only to install it the first time.

Have fun
Rick

OH! How simple is that!!! ty ty ty ty

NP enjoy

Rick

ok so I created a Or If piston which happens to come with an Else at the end.
I added a task to that Else which I now would like to delete or leave blank.
How do I edit just the Else at very bottom?
or is not possible so I need to recreate the Or If from scratch?