CoRE Dashboard

For the life of me I can not get this dashboard to open on the phone app. It always says “An unexpected error occured”

I have done the oauth, rebuilt pistons, everything I can think of; what am I doing wrong?

1 Like

Enable debug in the main CoRE app and then watch the live logging in the IDE for any error messages…

Do you have pistons running?

Yes I have pistons running.

How do I watch the live logging? What errors would I be looking for?

edit: so i watched the live logging. nothing shows up when i try to go into the dashboard. I just get an error on my phone in red that says “An unexpected error has occured”

and that s it.

When you click on the word dashboard in the CoRE app what happens

Live logging is in the https://graph.api.smartthings.com/ide/logs for whichever Shard you have. FAQ: How to find out what "shard" (cloud slice IDE URL) your Account / Location is on? (Thanks @JDRoberts)

But live logging will only show after you evoke the app. So have a computer open and your phone. press the app and then look at your logs and click on the words CoRE.

1 Like

I had this before, I had a bad / partial piston inside of core. I had to open the IDE and go to where the smart apps are listed and click on core and delete the errant piston. I didn’t remember making the piston but it was there labeled Core Piston 1.

I don’t remember how I did it, Hopefully if you do find one someone will tell you how to make it go away.

Where do I see this errant piston? If I click on CoRE in my smartapps it takes me to the code…

this is all I see in Live Logging

7:41:26 PM: info Waiting on events…
7:41:26 PM: info For past logs for individual things go to the My Devices section, find the device and click on the Events link on the device information page.
7:41:26 PM: info This console provides live logging of your SmartThings.

got it. I had to log out in 10 times of app and ide then all the sudden worked. I saw it mentioned in another thread.

As long as its working now!

:wink: Thanks for the help.

I’m having a similar problem with the iOS version. When I click on Core Dashboard the time wheel just spins and the dashboard doesn’t open. I have oauth enabled.

I have 5 pistons running and also enabled debugging.

Any help as to what to look for in the live logging will be greatly appreciated.

on the website you are going to, is it graph-na-02 or graph-na01?

That was my problem, they have two shards of the same website, try the
other.