CoRE and Piston Rules Engine, first design steps

Any examples to help start with IFTTT + CoRE? I have enabled the integration… already an IFTTT user : )

Hi, I can’t seem to get the “OR IF” to work on this Piston. It skips right to the Else portion (ignore the actions on Else for now).

I use it with IFTTT to make things happen when I arrive at work based on a ST virtual switch and IFTTT location. It’s handy because I don’t have to worry about sick days or other weekdays when I don’t go to work.

Sorry, I forgot to check the IDE live log last night when the piston turned off the fan. I looked this morning and again there’s no schedule set. I attached a screen cap of the Scheduled Jobs and Job History.

Dashboard appears to be broken in the latest update for me. I can view the main page that lists all Pistons, but get no information when selecting each piston individually.

3 Likes

Check this thread for IFTTT and many other CoRE use cases

1 Like

Yes I’m having similar issues. Main dashboard page shows but its very hit and miss as to whether any selected pistons show

Are you guys on latest version? Check your IDE.

on 08d,

Its odd, some of my smaller less complicated pistons open sometimes and when they do much slower than previously But my ‘biggest’ piston with 24 conditions no longer opens, blue progress bar at top gets to near 100% then keeps resetting.

The spinning blue circle is also constantly active

Looks like ST is very slow for you? It takes over 10s to run things… So the request is canceled. I can make it so that requests are no longer canceled, but waited on.

Appears to be fine now. Strange that it was not working before, I was only 1 update behind.

In IFTTT enable the Maker channel. In CoRE, under Settings, enable IFTTT integration and provide the Maker channel key. After that, in CoRE use the “Send IFTTT Maker event” task and provide an event name (your choice). Go to IFTTT and create a Maker recipe, provide the same trigger event name and choose what to so next. When the task is executed by CoRE, you get IFTTT to do whatever you requested it to do.

4 Likes

Any thoughts on being able to go the other way, IFTTT -> CoRE?

Wasn’t able to go about creating an IFTTT channel. It appears IFTTT charges for that. They only provide a “partner inquiry” form.

Virtual switches…

1 Like

Is there a way to set a Piston to only run if called from another piston, other than setting a variable or virtual switch or something?

That’s exactly what the Follow Up piston is there for.

Yeah virtual switches is exactly what I’m currently doing. I was trying to eliminate a moving part. I’ve never really used the Maker channel but there seems to be away to send a Web Request from the “then” side of an IFTTT recipe. If possible I don’t know if there really is any value to doing it that way over the virtual switch way. Thanks again for all your work on this.

If there is a way in IFTTT to make HTTPS requests, I can expose an endpoint for the Maker channel to “ask” Core to do stuff

Okay, other than user modes, which I am going to postpone due to extensive UI requirements, what else is there stopping us from beta?

@bamarayne and the gang?

Adrian,

I have a question. In my Else-If Piston, my first 2 groups where I multi select Presence sensors I can select and Evaluation mode as either And or Any. My last group doesn’t have an Evaluation mode so I only get Any. In that case I need AND since it’s tied to both of us leaving, do stuff.

Thanks, Rick