Copy paste raw android help

Who bullied anyone? I gave him instructions on how to go about things and an explanation about the process overall between Android and a Windows based device. You took my explanation from the reply as something you were supposed to get defensive about when it had nothing negative about your knowledge of the process. Then you explain to him about editing a device on mobile which has absolutely 0 to do with anything. The reason for your u having to goto an Incognito browser is a totally different issue with authorization when editing and updating a device. You come out here posting to people in a daily basis as to how stupid they are and why did they do that and are you not listening. It’s kind of sad to see you talk down to users who aren’t doing things a specific way.

Anyway, nobody bullied anybody and I wasn’t being condscending to you in anyway and only trying to assist Joe.

You quoted my reply. How can you say it wasn’t directed to me?

What is the Android device you are using Joe?

It was a reply within a reply further expanding on what you had replied to him on. That’s all. Really. Nothing more than that. No reason to get defensive at all.

Galaxy s7 edge

I believe you are trying to create a smartapp using a device handler code

1 Like

As jkp stated, what is the link to the code that you just tried pasting?

If you try pasting DH code to a SmartApp or a SmartApp to a Device Handler it’s going to fail.

Looks like he is using this…

1 Like

Joe go create a New Device Handler (not a SmartApp) and paste that code in there and save it.

Honestly that was just something that was in my browser, I wasn’t paying attention. I have to head back to work, I’ll do it in dth and post the error later. Sorry about that, was just trying to give a quick example but was a poor one.

After you paste the code, take a screenshot. I want to see how it’s formatted. Don’t hit Create.

It should look like this:

Also show a screenshot of the GitHub page just before you press Select All. It should look like this:

For the paste into IDE, scroll the screen back to the top so I can see how it’s formatted from the copyright section.

The formatting isn’t right.

Do me a favor and go here and then screenshot for me:

https://raw.githubusercontent.com/SteveTheGeekHA/NanoleafAuroraHandler/master/NanoleafAuroraSmarterAPI.groovy

And then on that page, press that page do a Select All and then press Copy and paste that into new Device Handler and then screenshot.

When you screnshotted from the link I gave you that looks identical to mine, but the raw code you screnshotted earlier looked different. Look at the 5th Capability on the screenshot from the link I gave you versus your screenshot earlier. They are formatted differently.

I wanted to see screenshot of after the paste in IDE, not the error message.

Just for reference. When you are doing a copy, are you pressing down on your screen in an area where the code is contained? And then it pops up with Copy, Share and Select All?