Convert RTSP to ActionTiles Compatible Stream (MJPEG, HTML5?)

I’ve just installed Kerberos on my Xpenology server using docker.

The install process was quite simple, and actually didn’t require any command line from me (not my strong point!), so that’s a bonus.

Just a note for anyone looking to install this, you need one instance running per camera (I now have three, looking to expand to five), which time will tell if it causes a problem resource hogging!

Once installed and cameras setup, it spits out an mpeg stream useable in ActionTiles! Hurrah :grinning:

4 Likes

A suggestion on this thread recommended Kerberos.io and I was able to get this setup pretty quickly using docker on my Synology DS920+. After updating the firmware on my Wyze cams to the RTSP firmware I enabled RTSP on each camera I used the below docker-compose file to run an instance of the Kerberos agent for each of my Wyze v2 cameras and a Wyze PTZ camera. Once these docker containers were running I browsed to the web port (ie. http://dockerhost:81) for each camera and setup the corresponding IP camera using the rtsp:// URL provided after enabling RTSP on the Wyze cam. Finally, in ActionTiles I added a media tile for each camera as a “This Media is an MJPEG video stream” with the corresponding camera’s streaming URL (ie. http://localhost:8891). Kerberos.io is a great alternative to using an Android device to run TinyCamPro

version: "2.1"
services:
  backyard:
    image: kerberos/kerberos
    container_name: backyardcam
    ports:
      - 81:80
      - 8891:8889
    restart: always
    volumes:
      - /volume2/securitycam/config/backyard:/etc/opt/kerberosio/config
      - /volume2/securitycam/capture/backyard:/etc/opt/kerberosio/capture
      - /volume2/securitycam/logs/backyard:/etc/opt/kerberosio/logs
      - /volume2/securitycam/web/backyard:/var/www/web/config
  driveway:
    container_name: drivewaycam
    ports:
      - 82:80
      - 8892:8889
    volumes:
      - /volume2/securitycam/config/driveway:/etc/opt/kerberosio/config
      - /volume2/securitycam/capture/driveway:/etc/opt/kerberosio/capture
      - /volume2/securitycam/logs/driveway:/etc/opt/kerberosio/logs
      - /volume2/securitycam/web/driveway:/var/www/web/config
  greenhouse:
    container_name: greenhousecam
    ports:
      - 83:80
      - 8893:8889
    volumes:
      - /volume2/securitycam/config/greenhouse:/etc/opt/kerberosio/config
      - /volume2/securitycam/capture/greenhouse:/etc/opt/kerberosio/capture
      - /volume2/securitycam/logs/greenhouse:/etc/opt/kerberosio/logs
      - /volume2/securitycam/web/greenhouse:/var/www/web/config
2 Likes

I have developed a solution that I am now using after getting very frustrated with TinyCam Pro and ActionTiles.

https://bitbucket.org/technohead/rtspserver

This was developed and tested on a Raspberry Pi 3B and 400, written in Python and uses FFMpeg to capture a camera’s RTSP feed and convert that to MJPEG and then streams that to the client.

Dennis

1 Like