Controlling X-10 switches with SmartThings using Hue Bridge emulation

YW - I am still on 0.1.16, didn’t know there was a new release, thanks for that info - I will check it out. I have a hacked up watchdog keeping mochad up

Just a thought - wouldn’t it be easier to use IFTTT to connect mochad to SmartThings - e.g. on X10 command, curl a command to IFTTT, and use IFTTT recipes/apps to connect to your various Smartthings devices. This would eliminate HABridge and simplify your mochad setup to a single bash script. Plus, Smartthings is in the cloud anyway. the reverse path can be implemented using ngrok on your Pi, and a SmartThings to Webhook app.

Perhaps - however HA let’s you emulate a hue bridge so the application is broader than ST. Also IFTTT adds yet another remote dependency. In any case see the note on top - my Node Red based solution is 2 way and I wouldn’t recommend this

I still think that duplicating your setup in HA bridge is a duplication of effort, given that IFTTT extracts your entire setup from SmartThings; and if you add a device, it is automatically added to your IFTTT setup. A two-way solution is trivial - map your SmartThings trigger to an ngrok tunnel in IFTTT to a simple node.js server that maps your SmartThings commands to X10 (mochad). I’ve been using this solution for several years, and over that time the IFTTT latency has steadily reduced. Using the same method, I’ve added simple Google voice commands for X10 devices. You can’t live without remote dependencies if you want decent voice recognition.

The way this community has grown is with people writing code and how-tos and sharing with others. You can share the end-to-end solution with people in your own thread. Adversarial and annoying commentary isn’t helpful to anyone - (not everyone is an ifttt user)

I’m curious, where is the latency showing up? I have absolutely no latency. If you were in my house and told Alexa to operate any given light, you wouldn’t know if it was X10 or Zwave. The only clue would be if the Heyu state table was out of sync. I now have an almost equal number of X10 and Zwave deployed.

And while on that topic, I have an idea for dealing with the state table issue. It’s rudimentary but would work until I get the current sensors built. Actually, it might render them impractical. If the command to turn a light on or off was a series of 2 commands, the state table could be forced into sync. For an OFF command, send an ON followed by OFF. For an ON command, send an OFF followed by ON. I should test it from the command line to see if latency is introduced, but I highly doubt it.

Thought you were using the node-red based setup. This a deprecated setup I had done before the node-red

It’s node-red and Heyu on a CM11A. What am I missing? I haven’t moved to Mochad because the CM15A has a high failure rate and now costs over $100.

you should delete the last 3 messages - they will confuse anyone reading this thread - none of this is relevant to this thread - this is about an entirely different solution