Connected Aquarium

You mean the contact sensor? No, it keeps working (so the device shows open/close/tamper events, as well as temperature)

Sorry, yes I did mean the contact sensor.
OK when I shift the wires around after pairing it, in some wiring combinations it just stops working. So I just wanted to make sure.
Are you using the DROK sensor mentioned in post 3?
If so would it be possible for you to let me know what coloured wires are in what terminal.
This is getting extremely frustrating and I need to make sure everything is connected correctly before sending it back.
Iā€™ve already had a faulty contact sensor. :frowning:

No sorry, Iā€™m using the small sensor sold by Fibaro.

Ok thanks.

I have this temp sensor hooked up to an Arduino. I recall reading if you hook the wires backwards you can fry the probe. I am wondering if you did that. :disappointed_relieved:

Who has the best price for this sensor in US or Canada? The only Canadian source that I found has it for about $80CAD.

Thanks for the info.
The problem I have is that nobody seems able to confirm how it should be connected.
I think I have it correct but i donā€™t know.
Thereā€™s no point in me changing it if I connect it up again incorrectly.

Did you manage to get your temperature probe working?

Yes. First contact sensor was faulty.
New sensor paired ok but showed nothing in temp.
Got a new external temp sensor and this worked ok.
I think i must have zapped the original temp sensor with all my playing with the faulty contact sensor.
All good now.

Thatā€™s good to hear. Care to share how the sensor should be connected for future reference?

The external sensor is as post 19 above.
The new sensor had different coloured wires.
Reading down with wires coming in from the right.
Top - Red. VCC.
2nd - Green. DATA.
3rd - Black. GND.

1 Like

This is the diagram I used to connect this temp probe DROK DS18B20 Temperature Sensor

I too am using the ā€˜Fibaro Z-Wave FGK-101 Temperature & Door/Window Sensorā€™ Full Support Handler.

Works perfectly. I have it wrapped in plastic wrap and inserted into a Gatorade bottle upside down next to my pool skimmer to read pool temp and trigger heater and pump on off using Virtual Switch in various Automations.

Green is not ground. Look like you have the wires incorrect.

Sorry I was referring to your earlier post.

It was GND in the earlier post though. There was no black and yellow was data.

Did you get it to work?

All working.

1 Like

Just thought I would update this with my latest issues resolutions.
My Fibaro stopped reporting temperature changes and when I looked at it the blue LED was continually flashing.
Tried everything to get it back working and nothing.
Will not factory reset or re-pair.
I have a spare Xiaomi Temp/Humidity sensor so I thought I would blue tack it (temporary to see if it works) to the side of the tank and it went straight up to the normal temperature of the tank.
The room is over 2 deg Celsius below the tank temperature.
This could well be another way of doing this.
Time will tell.

1 Like

I have the same setup on my nano reef tank, the waterproof sensor and the Fibaro. I have also added a small float switch as the external contact sensor to the Fibaro that tells me if the pump stops.

How accurate is itā€™s reading?