Changing user codes on Kwikset locks?

I have two KS 914 door locks (Zigbee) and one KS 910 (Z-wave). Both require me to set up or change the user codes by manually programming through the lock itself. However, the install/user manual also states “It is recommended that you add and delete all user codes through your smart home system”. All three locks are connected to my ST hub and work well but from time to time I need to make user code changes and doing so manually is time consuming. I cannot find any way through the app to make these changes. What am I missing or is this not possible with Kwikset locks? Thanks.

I believe this is app jkp is taking about, it has more features than the built in app which is great for creating permanent users but you can’t control notifications or create actions in the built in app

Thanks for the good recomendations. I have installed the smartapp for now.

:frowning: what are our options now that groovy is gone? I used to have something to manage codes for my Z-Wave Kwikset lock, but can no longer find it… like so many other smart apps… :frowning:

The Smart Lock Guest Access service that’s part of the SmartThings app will do it.

1. Pair your lock with SmartThings and make sure you can control it from the SmartThings tile, opening and closing the lock.
  2. Install Smart Lock Guest Access from within the app. On iOS, it’s in the Life section at the bottom of the screen.
  3. Once it’s installed, hit the main screen. On the second screen, in the top left, change the drop down from “Locks” to “Lock Codes”. You can then add and delete codes.
1 Like

Perfect! Thanx! I can’t seem to SEE what a code was, but I can delete it and create a new one! Perfect! Thank You!

I just installed the Kwikset 914 zigbee lock. I paired it with SmartThings and was able to control the lock but when I tried to set codes in Smart Lock Guest Access I get the message “No locks are online, try again later”. Any thought on how to resolve?