Casting to chromecast (Google Home)

I’m hoping someone can help as this is kicking my tail.

I’ve got my security cameras connected and sending trigger (virtual switches) to SmartThings just fine. All works just great. What I’m trying to do is to cast to the Google Home.

I have things set up, and I can actually cast to the Google Home using the VLC command line. However, the video is coming out rotated 90 degrees (and looks stretched).

Here is the command that I’m using:

start “” “C:\Program Files\VideoLAN\VLC\vlc.exe” --sout="#chromecast{ip=XXX.XXX.XXX.XXX}" --no-sout-audio --demux-filter=demux_chromecast rtsp://YYY.YYY.YYY.YYY/h264Preview_01_main --rtsp-user=ADMINISTRATOR --rtsp-pwd=PASSWORD

where XXX.XXX.XXX.XXX is the IP address of the Google Home, and YYY.YYY.YYY.YYY is the IP address of the camera.

This worked with cheaper cameras (lower resolution), but with new cameras, they are (4 of them) all rotated 90 degrees clockwise. The resolution of the cameras is being output at 2304x1296.

Any suggestions?

Have you tried the transform command? IE transform{type=hflip}

[VLC Documentation](https://wiki.videolan.org/Documentation:Modules/transform/)

Thanks for the reply. Yes, well, sort of. I think I entered those commands, but either I’m doing it wrong, or it didn’t work.

I’ve since defaulted back to using Blue Iris and taking the camera feed from there. The video is no longer rotated in VLC.

The interesting thing is that when using VLC on the computer, the video is not rotated. It was only rotated when casting to Google Home