Caseta Wireless Smart Bridge Pro & 50 Device Limit Workarounds

I’m “all-in” with the Caseta wireless system as a major aspect of my HA upgrade project. I already purchased and installed the SmartThings Hub, Caseta Wireless Smart Bridge Pro, Hue Bridge Second Generation, and a custom Raspberry Pi “man-in-the-middle” server (thank you @njschwartz ( [Deprecated] Lutron Caseta Connect V1.5 ), that allows me to operate 7 Picos to replace wall switches that control Hue bulbs (some of those Picos will replace 3-way wall switches - hence the reason I have 7 Picos to control 5 sets of Hue bulbs). All of this is working flawlessly.

I have now purchased and have received many additional Lutron Caseta dimmers and switches to replace the non-Hue lighting switches. These are awaiting installation this week. However, I only now realized there is a 50 device limit for the Caseta Smart Bridge / Smart Bridge Pro. Every Pico counts - even if its a 3-way circuit - every Pico counts. It adds up quickly.

Long story short is that I will hit the limit, and I already contacted Lutron and researched this forum that there can only be one Caseta Smart Bridge online with SmartThings Hub due to an API restriction.

I guess this means that I need a work-around, and it seems to me that I will need to combine both Lutron Caseta and non-Lutron Caseta switches into the overall plan. I want a consistent look, but I will deal with it.

My question: Can someone recommend a good solid reliable aesthetically pleasing SmartThings compatible dimmer switch to install alongside the Pico and Caseta Dimmers? I assume for the moment this is my only smart-switch solution because I cannot stay within the Lutron Caseta family beyond 50 devices. But is seems I can still have the benefit of smart switches through the SmartThings Hub, it will just be more programming.

Other thoughts on dealing with this restriction are welcome as well.

Thanks!

2 Likes

This is the great thing about SmartThings, you can mix and match brands under the same platform for control. I use both Lutron Caseta and Leviton Z-Wave devices.

If your having trouble purchasing one, contact a local lighting distributor to buy it.