Can anyone tell me why my pre lit LED Xmas tree won’t change colors

So we got a nice tree from mother in law who got it from QVC. We have made attempts to contact the company and have had no luck thus far in connecting with them so we are looking everywhere we can for answers.
The issue is this, you plug the tree in and it cycles through all the colors and settles on rainbow. The remote lights up when you press a button so that has us thinking it’s the sensor on the tree. Are these things replaceable or can you buy something at Home Depot or the like? Like is there something universal out there that can make this work? We aren’t feeling like we are going to have much luck reaching company. Any info or help would be great. Thanks in advance …

What’s the brand?

1 Like

I’m sure that’s very frustrating. :disappointed_relieved:

This forum is for people who are using the Samsung SmartThings ™ Home Automation platform. So all of the questions and answers are assumed to be in that context. It is a very busy community, so it often comes up near the top on general home automation searches, but it is not a general forum.

The tree you linked to would not work with SmartThings—so I’m afraid you won’t get much help here. :disappointed_relieved:

I suggest you ask your question in the Reddit Home Automation subforum. They cover all platforms.

People will need to know the make and model of the remote, though, or they won’t be able to help you very much. There should be information either on the back of the remote or inside the battery compartment, so I suggest you take a picture of that and post it along with your question.

There’s a possibility that there might be some replacement remotes that you could get, but it all comes down to the exact model of what you’re trying to replace.

Good luck!