Built in wall panel to control smartthings? (2019)

I was wanting to put a permanent wall panel in to control all my smartthings. Can anyone point me to a place to find information on this?

ActionTiles is a good “Dashboard”. It will run on a tablet. You can mount the tablet to the wall.

2 Likes

There are a number of different software dashboard options ( some for a fee, some shared freely) and then you can install them on any Wi-Fi tablet or phone. People have done a lot of different things. :sunglasses:

See the following recent thread for discussion of the software options:

And then this thread for discussion of various ways that people have mounted tablets:

ActionTiles is the most popular dashboard software for a SmartThings smart home. Please visit our site (or Google Play Store / Amazon App Store) and take advantage of a free two weeks trial. A knowledge base and community forum is also available at the above link.

2 Likes

Also, if you haven’t done so already, we invite you to join the Facebook Smart Things Users Group. There are lots of ideas and discussion about tablet mounting hardware.

2 Likes

ActionTiles is a great commercial product that is worth every penny if you want an easy to install and use solution with great functionality. If you want something you can tinker with and that is hosted locally (and cheaper) consider trying my HousePanel app.

I created HousePanel because I wanted something that I controlled and with more flexibility than ActionTiles. With that said, don’t expect it to be as polished as ActionTiles - I’m an army of one writing this donation-ware app, and it requires local install of a web server on a rPI so it isn’t for casual end-users. If you are willing and able to put the time in to get it installed, you will be rewarded with the most flexible panel experience on the planet.

4 Likes

BTW, all the options mentioned so far and more are covered in the link that I already gave you. Choice is good. :wink:

Thank you all for the replies. I look forward to testing out all of them

2 Likes

It’s linked in JD’s thread, but if you’re looking for an easy to use and highly customizable dashboard solution, be sure to check out SharpTools.io

4 Likes

Fire HD 10 mounted in a picture frame. Picture shows the tab in “Show Mode”.
Action tiles is my go to panel as others have stated.

2 Likes

A fire HD 8 Mounted in a picture frame in the Master Bath.
Connected to a Bluetooth receiver and hard-wired to marine grade in wall speakers.
Both are running the new action tiles app from the amazon app store.

2 Likes