Bluetooth presence sensor?

The Bluetooth antenna in the V2 hub has not yet been enabled. You can’t do anything with it as yet.

As for " detecting" Bluetooth devices, it doesn’t really work that way. Ibeacons broadcast a repeated “I am here” Bluetooth signal, but phones generally do not unless in pairing mode or virtual beacon mode. If you’ve individually paired the devices you can work with that, which may fit your use case.

If these are android devices, you may be able to work with SharpTools. @joshua_lyon would know.

At our house we do use reverse iBeacon detection. A permanently situated tablet serves as the home automation control center, and it has the iBeacon detection software. Then when we want to, we carry an IBeacon. We can set the detection range to be quite narrow. (I use a wheelchair, so we have set it to detect my iBeacon as I arrive at the base of the ramp to the front door.)

If you have an iOS device, it’s very easy to use the $9 third-party app, smartrules, to work with I beacons.

The following thread discusses a number of different iBeacon options.

So there are several different options depending on the Phone/tablet OS that you use.

For yet another alternative, you can use a two device method to set a narrower detection radius. That doesn’t fit all use cases, but it can be a good choice for some households.

1 Like