Bloomsky Weather Station

Yeah, I guess it does look a bird feeder, now that you mention it, LOL … or a very large wine cup …

I picturing them sitting there spinning the anemometer . Look it’s a hurricane

1 Like

Seems like the Bloomsky system has settled down nicely in the past week … no more error messages from Connect. Even the data is filling into the old BS app.

I’m late to the party but I like that sky image on my smarttiles :slight_smile: Does it update as soon as WU receives new image?

My mounting kit is on its way…but I already mounted my storm on my weather vane pole…eliminating the need for the bird spikes. I have no battery issues, but the wind direction swings wildly compared to my home made vane. Wind speed is about half of that of a nearby weather station, but my height is low (~10 ft) and relatively close to the house. Rain seems about right…but we don’t get much in Las Vegas…except recently. It would be nice to be able to show wind etc. on WU…

2 Likes

My mount shipped today. :slight_smile:

This shipment includes the following items:

Item # Description Qty
MTN0310 Mast 1

Thank you for your business and hope to see you again!

1 Like

Probably due to the light weight vane … and it’s small. But at least you know there’s wind :slight_smile: … just remembered that it’s always windy in your area :smile: (I got a bloomsky located in Henderson)

I cannot get my BloomSky camera to sync with Weather Underground. It has no issue with Data but I cannot get the image to upload.

My IFTTT for photos is working fine - it changes my android wallpaper to a new bloomsky image every 5 min as long as I’m on wifi.

Yes, their breakage is “partial”. Posting the image from a particular time of the day to Twitter no longer works. However, changing the Twitter profile picture with the latest image works just fine (it’s very similar to the change-android-wallpaper).

Basically, they broke the “Picture of the day” trigger
(This Trigger fires at the specific time set by you each day with a picture at that time from your selected device)
but didn’t break the “Device uploads new image” trigger
(This Trigger fires every time the device you chose uploads new image. Note that this Trigger won’t fire at night when the camera is off)

1 Like

Just started raining, but I miss those “Water is wet” messages :cry:

3 Likes

I got a rain alert on the BS app the other morning on both my units and it was raining. So they have been tweaking things.

1 Like

I think my dogs miss me getting them more than I do.

2 Likes

I started to get these notifications, too. I wish I could turn them off, but there is no setting in the app for it!

Select your device under Menu > Device. The rain setting is there.

1 Like

:joy: :joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy:
Just got UPS notification that tripod has shipped ( or actually label was created ) scheduled for del 1/20

1 Like

Yeah, but has the snow cleared off your roof? :smile:

Sheeesh … Mountain View is just up the road (well, 6-hour drive) from here … no UPS, USPS, OnTrac, etc., notice yet :unamused:

Actually is was sunny & in high 50s the last 2 days. If it had arrived I might have drug out the ladder and taken down the Christmas lights. I was out on lower roof installing chimney pipe for the new stove Wednesday. Of course with the ( lack of ) performance of the Storm I am really questioning my plan of mounting it on the roof where I do not have easy access to it.

1 Like

[quote=“RLDreams, post:1611, topic:38202”]
Just got UPS notification that tripod has shipped
[/quote]Me too. But still no STORM. :frowning:

So is anyone’s currently working with SmartThings? Mine hadn’t updated since November 24th, so yesterday I deleted and readded it via Bloomsky Connect. It has yet to receive any data.

I keep getting the same “map shift left” error in the logs.