Black Friday & Cyber Monday Deals 2017

I hope they don’t find out the real reason you visited. :wink:

2 Likes

Well… I am driving down from Toronto to Atlanta (14 - 16 hours) so I am pretty sure they think I am crazy already so wouldn’t run it past them lol.

The Samsung Multi-Sensor is out-of-stock at Lowe’s and Amazon is showing “ships in 1-2 months.”

Was the price halved to dump stock for a new version?

Where might one find the Lowes coupons?

My experience when they say this is shortly after ordering the ship date moves up considerably. I think they are conservative so as not to set false expectations.

2 Likes
3 Likes

@jkp mentioned above that the Ecobee 4 will be $50 off for Black Friday. I just got an email from Ecobee that their shop is offering this deal now. Home Depot, Lowes, and Amazon now have the Ecobee 4 for $199 as of this post. Lowes wins my business with the additional $40 off $200 coupon.

3 Likes

Ecobee 3 lite is also discounted from $169 to $149. Think I’m gonna go for this one as the echo feature won’t be useful at my thermostat location???

One thing to be aware of with the LITE model is that you can’t add additional accessories to that one, typically a dehumidifier. You may not need that functionality, but it is a difference.

Weirdly the model comparison table on the ecobee site doesn’t mention this difference, but the support articles do:

3 Likes

Agree with JD and that is why I am purchasing the 4. I have a 3 Lite upstairs that has no humidifier but need the 4 for downstairs. I have an Echo in the room next door and plan to disable the Alexa function on it.

Ohhhhhh, I thought I read they were the same. Thank you so much because I do want to get humidifier attached eventually too.

1 Like

If you were not aware the Ecobee4 Echo now supports ESP with its latest update. You should no longer have the issues with it responding unless it is the closest device.

2 Likes

Nice thanks for letting me know. My thermostat is in my foyer so a wierd spot for Alexa but I am definitely going to try that feature.

My ecobee is waiting on me to pick up!

1 Like

Harmony Companion Remote $99 https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00N3RFC4G/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_PclfAbPFD4YB1

That’s not much of a deal…those are regularly in the range of $70. Not worth it at $99.

2 Likes

its the Companion version not Smart Version

Companion Version are in the range of $120 - $150

Now Philips Hue White Smart 4 Bulb Starter Kit $60
http://a.co/erAe7Nc

Harmony likes to randomly rename their products every 4 or 5 months, apparently just for fun and to cause maximum confusion. :rage:

" Harmony companion" used to mean just the button remote, no hub. And it did indeed have a retail price of around $99.

As of about six weeks ago, though, the box labeled “harmony companion” now also includes a harmony hub! Which puts it back to the retail price of around $149.

So the $99 deal is indeed a good deal, it’s just a different product under the same name . Sigh. So read the product descriptions carefully to make sure you’re getting the right one. Look for the “what’s in the box” section to be sure it lists the hub as well.

3 Likes

I got the " Harmony home " or whatever it was called. Same remote and hub for the $70 he quoted above. That was a year or 2 ago though. I think it was one of the times they decided to change its name and had to get rid of the old boxes :slight_smile:

1 Like

I must say - there are some Black Friday deals that I am just waiting to click the Buy button. :slight_smile:

2 Likes