[BETA RELEASE] Keenect V2.7 and Keenzone 2.8, Proportional Vent Control with System Wide Zone Balancing

John

Could you post a list of your thermostats current states. This is in the locations/hub/devices/thermostat device. It looks like a naming difference within the default ecobee driver. I can update the default ecobee driver and push-out a compatible version easily if this is the case.

Keenect needs the following information from a thermostat

subscribe(tStat, "thermostatMode", checkNotify)
subscribe(tStat, "thermostatFanMode", checkNotify)
subscribe(tStat, "thermostatOperatingState", checkNotify)
subscribe(tStat, "heatingSetpoint", checkNotify)
subscribe(tStat, "coolingSetpoint", checkNotify)

If you thermostat device driver names things differently I can update keenect to subscribe to other variations.

Thanks

Shawn

Can you send me the log files during a heating or cooling cycle with the keenect log.

Brian

Sorry Brian for the delay - I hope this is what you need:

temperature: 67 F
humidity: 35 %
heatingSetpoint: 68 F
coolingSetpoint: 77 F
thermostatSetpoint: 68 F
thermostatMode: heat
thermostatFanMode: auto
checkInterval: 720
thermostatStatus: Heating to 68 F
maxHeatingSetpoint: 78 F
minHeatingSetpoint: 62 F
maxCoolingSetpoint: 85 F
minCoolingSetpoint: 65 F
deviceTemperatureUnit: F
deviceAlive:

thanks looking into this.

looks like the default driver is missing thermostatOperatingState, this tells the thermostat what mode the system is in, idle, heat, fan only, cool.

If you send me a link to the default driver I can modify and share as a compatible driver.

Brian,
Sorry for the delay (again). Here is the link: https://www.dropbox.com/s/f2clyyazvbcp83z/Ecobee%20Thermostat%20DH.txt?dl=0

If that doesn’t work, I think you should be able to get to it through the IDE DH templates under Ecobee Thermostat. That’s where I got this.

When I see “zone control: Not Activated” did I setup something wrong, or is it that my system hasn’t run since I installed?

Zone control is a feature allowing the user to configure a zone to be turned on or off with a virtual switch or with an ecobee comfort setting.

I have had Keenect installed for a couple of days and I haven’t seen any vent changes. When I go to the Last Results report I get “No Data available yet” for all entries.

I looked at the live logs during a time where my heat was on from my Nest thermostat and I the only Keenect entry is " 7:58:06 AM: error java.lang.NullPointerException: Cannot invoke method setLevel() on null object @ line 677"

What logs data can I supply to try to figure out what might be going on?

Thanks,
Craig

The fix is to set the nest thermostat cooling and heating temps. For some reason nest will not pass the cooling setpoints to smartthings if cooling hasn’t been set since setting up. The value for cooling in smartthings is missing and the app errors out. I will look into better notifications around this problem as your the second person with the issue.

Brian

Craig

Correction, your problem is around notifications. Under keenect / advanced you have not assigned an optional virtual indicator for the output reduction but have selected the box to enable optional virtual indicator switches. To fix go to keenect / advanced and deselect optional virtual indicator switches. I have uploaded a new version of keenect 2.5.1 to address this issue.

Update to the newest code and it is working. I also moved back to the generic keen vent device at the same time from another one I had found in the forums, so that might have been it as well.
Thanks!
Craig

Has anyone suggested being able to turn on and off based on mode? Say, if mode = home then run this zone, If Zone = away or night then close or open vent? just a thought, but it is pretty awesome as is!

Great thought. The function is already in place. You can select the vent profile based on an ecobee mode or climate profile. I have it set to run a climate profile at night, day and when we’re on vacation.

Since I have a nest, will that still work? I use the smarthings mode to control my actions and temperature setpoints.

not at this time. I will work to add modes, how would you like it to work?

Well, what I am trying to accomplish is only balancing rooms that are typically in use.

Here is what I envision: Lets say I have 3 modes(Home, Away and Night) and 3 zones(living room, Bedroom and office):
For Home, I want the bedroom vent closed or some set open value, the living room and office balancing.
For Away, I want the bedroom and office closed or some set open value, and the living room open
For Night, I want the bedroom balancing, and the office and living room closed or some set open value.

I can see 2 ways of accomplishing this:

1. variable setpoints based on mode
  2. Modes active switch, with a setting for how open the zone should be if the zone is not active.

Again, I am thrilled with how this is working. And thanks for the work!

So, a little weirdness here, in Arizona, my AC kicked on and all of my vents went totally closed. Even if the setpoint is below the current temperature.
One of the vents is being set to zero every minute. What logs do you want?

I also forgot to mention, your configuration report only shows minimum opening for heat.
Craig

Craig

it sounds like you have only setup the heating component of the system.

Under smartthings / automation launch the keenct app, in the main app verify you have selected system is AC capable.
For each zone then set a cooling temp or offset based on your setup.

Please then share a keenect log and one of your zone logs.