[BETA] Lutron Caseta Integration using Raspberry Pi (Pro or Standard Bridge) [DEPRECATED--See new Release thread instead]

Aaaah! I got a fresh copy of the new LutronPi.py from your github and only edited lines 32 and 33. The IP addresses I am using are listed in the Lutron app and on the ST api. Still getting the same error.

The log is showing it canā€™t find the ST hub. Are you sure you didnā€™t mistakenly swap the 2 addresses.

When I start my Python script, I have 2 issues.

1. I get a JSON error. Is this normal?
  2. One of my switch is not recognized. That switch is a normal switch (not a dimmer). Does this make a difference?

Output:

(venv27) pi@raspberrypi:~/RaspberryPi $ python LutronPi.py
Unable to connect via Telnet. Either you have a Standard bridge or you forgot to turn on Telnet in the Lutron app!
Listening
Your SmartThings Hub IP Address is: x.x.x.x.x
Not valid JSON~This error may be normal the first time so donā€™t stress!
Standard Bridge Found
Standard Bridge Found
Standard Bridge Found
Standard Bridge Found
Standard Bridge Found
Standard Bridge Found

Yes that error the first time is normal. Just ignore it. As for your switch, I can fix that pretty easily. I just need a little information. I donā€™t have any non dimmer switches so I need to know the device type. Itā€™s possible to get from the script but you need to add a line to print it all out so you can read it. Iā€™m not at home right now but as soon as I am I can tell you what you need to do.

I also donā€™t have a device type for a non dimmer currently. I could possibly create one. In the meantime the dimmer one should work. Iā€™ll look at that as well.

hopefully someone can help point out where Iā€™m going wrong :cry:

Iā€™m installing on a fresh RasPi (via Noobs 2.1.0) - Iā€™m getting the following error when trying to run the LutronPi.py script. I only edited that file to enter in the two IP addresses.

pi@raspberrypi:/lutron $ python LutronPi.py
Traceback (most recent call last):
File ā€œLutronPi.pyā€, line 18, in
import paramiko
File ā€œ/usr/local/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/paramiko/init.pyā€, line 30, in
from paramiko.transport import SecurityOptions, Transport
File ā€œ/usr/local/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/paramiko/transport.pyā€, line 33, in
from cryptography.hazmat.backends import default_backend
ImportError: No module named cryptography.hazmat.backends

I didnt see any errors when installing the packages, even re ran the paramiko install, got the following prompt

pi@raspberrypi:/lutron $ sudo pip install paramiko
Requirement already satisfied (use --upgrade to upgrade): paramiko in /usr/local/lib/python2.7/dist-packages
Cleaning upā€¦

now stuck, is there any additional step i can take to validate that all versions are correct/installed?

thanks

It looks like youā€™re missing a dependancy for Paramiko called Paramiko. Try pip install cryptography. It may fail because it needs something called libffi so you may have to pip install libffi as well. Let us know.

thanks - still no joy - will look with fresh eyes in the morning.

I think you need to call in "HAZMAT"
LOL couldnā€™t resist

Did the cryptography module install? The libfii module? Still the same error?

Yes same error. Iā€™ll start fresh and see if still get this - will get to this later on this evening. Cheers.

I got the same errorsā€¦apparently pip installs dont work well with Raspberrys current version of Linux. Im not home so I cant send you all the commands but if you look through my previous posts, I have the details there. Btw, i went down the install dependency road and installed so many packages manually that I had to wipe and reload my Pi. Follw the commands I listed and you should be golden.

1 Like

Many thanks. Will do

ok, moved on from the prior errors, now getting the following.

pi@raspberrypi:/usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages $ python LutronPi.py
Traceback (most recent call last):
File ā€œLutronPi.pyā€, line 25, in
import ipaddress
ImportError: No module named ipaddress
pi@raspberrypi:/usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages $

Iā€™ve not installed the ST app/DH yet, just following the instructions, executing the LutronPi.py script.

Thanks to @stephack, followed his steps to installed the dependencies, also copied the script to the directory he did (see above).

Feel like Iā€™m close :slight_smile: any clues?

Yea your pretty much there. I need to add it to the directions because despite being part of the standard library itā€™s didnā€™t appear to be included in every install. Just do pip install ipaddress and you should be money. Let me know.

olay olay olay olay - thanks @njschwartz @stephack - script now working. now off to install the ST part :slight_smile: you da man!

2 Likes

working like a champ!

1 Like

Thanks Nate,

Any progress on this?

Thanks!

Hey Nate/Stephan, Got some time to mess around today and trying to install this on an old macpro/Lion.
everything went great except when I run the script it errors out at ImportError: No module named paramiko.
I installed paramiko via pip and on reinstalling its says requirement already satisfied so Paramiko is installedā€¦Any idea?

Do you have multiple versions on Python installed?

No clean Mac that i installed this morn. Just installed 2.7.13