[BETA][Edge Driver] Hue Dimmer Switch / Hue Wall Switch Module (No Hue Bridge)

Hi there! I am trying to get my hue dimmer switch (model: 324131092621) connected to smartthings, but I don’t see any way to add the switch? I have installed the hue dimmer driver, and I’ve removed the dimmer from the hue hub, but the switch doesn’t show up when I search for nearby devices, and the switch itself doesn’t have a qr code to scan. Am I missing something?

Edit: I got it working. I was indeed missing something. It certainly helps to put the remote in pairing mode :sweat_smile:

3 Likes

Pairing mode will reset initial setup with Philips hub?

Not sure, I remove it from the hue hub before putting it in pairing mode, just to be sure

Hi Jaewon thank you for the driver works great for my Hue dimmer (Im using only as switch not dimmer)

I have 2 of these which have both been chewing through batteries since 3 firmware updates ago. Up until that time battery life was normal.

Have many of these(model 324131137411), and with DTH I loved them, but since edge very variable performance. Keep going off line and need resetting (10sec). Battery performance is now abysmal and getting worse!!
Last battery (new Panasonic) lasted 4 days untill completely dead (from 3.26v down to 1.8v).
Is there any hope!?
If not at least 10 to the bin
Doesnt matter whether on the ST wifi hub or on the Aeotec hub, they all keep disconnecting (red light) and chewing batteries very regularly, often within days. Removing and readding make no improvement.
Shame they all worked perfectly prior to Edge!!,

I have not been here long.
I got rid of the V1 Hue dimmer switches because they were often unresponsive and had to be reset to the system. V2 works great.
@iquix: I have a question for you. I bought a Hue button from Amazon yesterday and using your driver, the thing disconnects from the system and does not work. Any thoughts?

2024 April Update:

1. Installed the driver and enabled Hue Dimmer in it
  2. I reset the Phillips Dimmer. Remove battery and you’ll find a reset hole. Used a toothpick and held it for 10-15 seconds
  3. Searched and found the Dimmer in ST
  4. Configured rules to control my Phillips Enrave ceiling light which was added to ST without a Phillips Bridge (never used one)

Rules:
On-off rules are easy to setup and quite straightforward.

If (light state is on) Precondition
Dimmer button 1 is pressed
Then
(Turn it off)

If (light state is off) Precondition
Dimmer button 1 is pressed
Then
(Turn it on)

For the brightness, try using 25% 50% 75% 100% levels

If
(the light is On and brightness is 25%) Precondition
Dimmer button 2 is pressed
Then
(Set brightness to 50%)

Similar to the above, set it to increase brightness from 50% to 75% and 75% to 100%. Just like that setup the decrease brightness option for the button 3. There you go! The on/off button and the brightness buttons are all set up. Note that this won’t work if you pick the preset scene config in the app for the light as it sets the brightness % to 56%. I use the recent colour pallet to pick what I want and hence this isn’t an issue which I’ll encounter.

I couldn’t find a way to change the scenes with the button 4 but it’s not important for me. But, if someone has any ideas, I’ll be happy to hear them :slight_smile: