Best ADT Integration method?

Just as an FYI, we at Nu Tech/Alarmdecoder are working on an official AlarmDecoder supported device for ST that is compatible with our AD2PI + Open Source web application. The ST Hub will discover and communicate with the AD2PINetwork Appliance via a RESTful API so you can integrate with ST very easy when we are done. Stay tuned.

If you have any questions, feel free to ask me!

4 Likes

Would this work with multiple security panels/security systems or just ADT? I am VERY interested in a solution like this and I think there would be a pretty good demand for people in older homes who already have a hard wired alarm system (myself included).

1 Like

The AlarmDecoder devices work with Honeywell/Ademco(ADT uses/rebrands) and DSC Power Series panels.

1 Like

The AlarmDecoder AD2Pi will connect to it and uses the pi’s GPIO header - also open source web app to use from computer/smart phone web browser as well as (releasing soon) official smartthings device which will connect to said web app api.

So would the soon to be released Smartthings device be the only thing needed to connect with ST and my alarm panel or would a AD2Pi be required as well?

An ad2pi on top of a raspberry pi that is running our open source web application software (we provide a prepared image on our site) will be required - this is a small IoT device that sits on your network and has some neat features already built in, and integrating ST with it will be a breeze once we’re done!

3 Likes

kevin_nutec, Any update on a release date?

1 Like

checking in on the ad2pi…

Nothing to announce as of yet. We will let you all know when it’s ready so you don’t have to keep asking :slight_smile:

1 Like

nice, good to see development still moving forward with ST and ADT/DSC.

I’m still using ethomasii alarmserver, with some custom device types now. I can arm/disarm without port forwarding, so the ST hub is sending local commands to the rpi and the rpi forwards them to EVL-3. When the alarm accepts commands or issues new alerts like open door, motion, it forwards them from EVL-3 to rpi, and the rpi then sends them to the correct smartthings device.

it’s working pretty well, and is rather easy to set up since there is no wiring involved other than the evl-3 to ethernet. the rest is just a basic python script, and setting up oauth and alarmserver.cfg

The cool thing about our network appliance is the ability to become a self-monitored solution without needing any 3rd party services, also the ability to emulate zone expanders, relays, long range radios, as well as basically turn anything in your house into a zone. It’s not just a bridge to the alarm :slight_smile:

excellent, keep us updated. Is it similiar to the ardunio shield? That’s a route some people here go with rpi.

No arduino necessary - straight panel connection to ad2pi, which sits on raspberry pi gpio - then everything is done with ethernet/wifi.

oh so you use ad2pi and wire it like a keypad and then probably run a script on rpi to manage the alarm panel.

We provide an open source web application and serial to socket daemon to expose the device to your network that runs on the pi - we also provide an image to make it “plug and play” on the pi side - just hit the pi in your web browser to set it up.

Is there an option for Pulse?

@kevin_nutech, Can’t wait until you all finish. :grinning:

2 Likes

Any updates on this solution?

Hey, so we have a solution for this. The AD2Pi network appliance as an all-in-one solution, or just the alarmdecoder device connected to your own solution running our webapp. This webapp is discoverable by the smartthings platform, and we have some stuff for monitoring and controlling your alarm and some virtual contact sensors to control things with alarm state (lights etc). https://github.com/nutechsoftware/alarmdecoder-smartthings

Thanks, Kevin! So just so I understand it, I can get this device http://www.alarmdecoder.com/catalog/product_info.php/products_id/39 and follow the instructions on your link above to get it all working? If so, does this product have the AlarmDecoder webapp 0.6.2+? I’m new to all of this type of technology, but I’m a programmer/techie at work. I can figure out technical stuff, but just trying to see if there’s an “easy” solution that non-alarm programming techie’s would understand.