Battery Report

Can SmartThings add to “home” a tab/page that has all the battery levels? It would be nice if it would add up for me and gave me a report of what size of batteries to buy and how many as well.

2 Likes

Not exactly what you are asking for, but this smartapp will fulfill the first part of your request:

You’ll still need to keep track of size and number of batteries required (in a spreadsheet?).

I get error

groovy.lang.GroovyRuntimeException: Ambiguous method overloading for method script14451896252481317449790#schedule.
Cannot resolve which method to invoke for [null, class java.lang.String] due to overlapping prototypes between:
[class java.lang.String, class java.lang.Object]
[class java.util.Date, class java.lang.Object] @ line 289

Are you sure you’re adding this in the My SmartApps section of the IDE, and not My Device Types? I just added it and was able to save/publish without incident.

Another thought…
When copying the code, be sure you select the “Raw” button, versus copying from the scrolling window, which might truncate part of the code.

I had the same error as you @RottenMutt but can confirm that using ‘Raw’ code resolves the issue and i got it up and running in a few seconds. Nice little SmartApp.

1 Like

i did copy from raw code, ran it in the simulator and it crashes. if i publish it, run it, it works!