Automation to document device power usage daily? (Aeotec Heavy Duty Switch)

I just added an Aeotec Heavy Duty Smart Switch, Gen 5 US (ZW078) to my SmartThings network. It is hooked up to a pump and I want to use it to get daily updates on how much power the pump has used.

The SmartThings app will display Watts and kWh consumed with the option to reset it back to 0. I’d like to find a way to send this data to a spreadsheet or another place where I can monitor performance over time. Ideally, I’d like to set control limits where it will notify if power use becomes excessive.

I’m not a programmer but looked at IFTT and SmartApps for solutions. Any ideas?

Check out this thread.

Or look at this:

There’s a data logging FAQ. It covers both of the previous suggestions and several more. :sunglasses:

ROUNDUP: Data Logging and Charting Solutions

1 Like

They might be coming out with their own energy management app. Will try and find more info at SDC.

1 Like

Hey, how did you pair the Aeotec heavy duty switch with smartthings? I installed one today and seems there is no way to pair it. No option of the switch model in smartthings, no barcode on the product, no button on the product?

I’m sure it’s very frustrating, but give us a chance to answer at least one of your multiple duplicate questions before posting in threads which are older than 2023, as smartthings went through a major architecture change at that time and older threads like this one aren’t really going to be of much help anyway.

If you check the user manual for this model, you will see that the action button is inside the case. I posted a more detailed answer in your other thread:

Aeotec heavy duty 40amp switch pairing?

Let’s continue the conversation there, so we don’t keep bringing up threads about the old architecture, which are just going to be confusing to most people. Thanks!

1 Like