Arlo Q integration with Smartthings

Trying to decide between the NestCam, the Logi Circle, and the Arlo Q. I’m leaning heavily toward the Arlo Q but the only thing stopping is the lack of SmartThings integration. Can’t wait for it to be added to the ST community of supported devices.

Jakoh - Unless the smart q is integrated with Smartthings I would pass. I just set mine up and it is a PIA to arm and disarm the camera. Would be much easier if it can arm and disarm with smartthings. The issue with it being armed all the time is the fact that you are constantly receiving alerts every time you walk by.

Until it does get directly integrated, I’ve created a simulated switch that arms/disarms via Stringify. Been working great.

1 Like

I’m using IFTTT do arm/disarm via virtual switch. Virtual switch is toggled through routines.

Chris can you explain further how you set this up in iftt. I used iftt to allow it to arm/disarm but only by my proximity to the address. Also I’m unsure of the virtual switch.

I have 1 virtual switch.
It’s set up with 2 IFTTT recipes:
a) Smartthings switched on trigger, Arlo arm action
b) Smartthings switched off trigger, Arlo disarm action

Check these out for more details:

2 Likes

Virtual switches and IFTTT has helped bridge arming/disarming several devices I have including iSmartAlarm, Canary cameras, Oco cameras and the Arlo Q. I have one virtual switch that arms multiple devices. I even have it tied to my Automatic Pro, so that it will disarm things when one of our vehicles gets near home.

1 Like

Tyler any updates please, are we likely to see this in January, or at all?

I’ve got until the end of Jan to return my Arlo Q.

Still on track for us to be done before the end of January. There may be some additional time before it gets released as we finish up our support resources, training and any marketing activities.

Hang in there!

4 Likes

Looking forward for this!

Hey Tyler,

Any update? I’m eagerly awaiting this :smiley:

@Tyler - Last day in January! How we looking?

Thanks,
TJ

I note there has been a recent UK update because Ring has appeared in the Marketplace under Cameras.

I’ve tried Arlo but my Arlo Q cameras are still not being found as of right now.

Please give an update!?

@Tyler any updates on when this is going to be released?

My answer above is still accurate. I’d expect to see it go live (along with Arlo Pro) pretty soon.

3 Likes

What is the Arlo video integration like? Can you view live video and see recorded clips and take snapshots and 2 way audio? What can and can’t I do within ST compared to using the Arlo app? Is the Arlo Q integration available now in the US?

Thank you

Is there any update on the ArloQ+ integration? I just received my first ArloQ and was surprised it wasn’t not able to integrate with ST like my other Arlo cameras.

Thanks!

Hi Tyler. Is there any update on Arlo Q integration?

Looking for Arlo Q integration as well. It was stated for the end of January. Any update @Tyler?

Looking for an update here as well. I won’t purchase the ArloQ+ until this is integrated.