Anyone able to make Rinnai Water Heater integration work (Control-R wifi to ST)?

I am about to replace my old Rinnai tankless water heater with a new one. The new ones have the optional Control-R wifi module that Rinnai touts as having SmartThings integration capabilities. Doing some searching it doesn’t seem like many have been able to make it work (and remain connected to SmartThings). Anyone have this integration with Rinnai working successfully?

If you have it working does it let SmartThings control the schedule of the recirculation pump OR is it limited to just requesting the pump turn on (ex. as part of a routine)? In a perfect world I would like to use it to only have the recirc pump enabled when we are home AND it is within a set schedule (daytime hours). No need to have it recirculating while we are away from home or while we are asleep!

My other thought was to just have the plumber put the external recirculation pump on its own outlet that I can control with a SmartThings switch so I can have the combination of being home and within a certain time window energize the pump (the pump would be hardwired to a temp sensor so it only runs when the water temp in the line has fallen too low).

Maybe others have had more luck but the Rinnai app is very buggy. I’m not sure if it is smartthings or Rinnai bit I have not been able to turn my water circulator on or off via smart things. Temperature changes do work.

I should have bought an external circulator

Check out this thread

Thanks but I don’t see anything new here. Am I missing something? I still can’t time mine to the smart things hub. I wish I could it would save a lot of recirculation time and money. Thanks again!

this integration is completely useless, if anyone has had any luck other than just turning the temperature up and down let me know as the whole reason i bought it was for the smartthings integration and recirc option