Another 4 way switch question

Hi all I’m trying to install the GE on/off rocker and the add on switches. I have the master switch installed in the correct spot. The issue I’m having is the middle switch has 2 red wires 2 black wires and 2 white plus a ground. I have tied the 2 blacks together and have inserted the 2 reds, 2 whites and the ground into the switch. The last switch had 2 blacks 1 red, 1 white and a ground. I tied the 2 blacks together then inserted the rest into the switch. The master and the last one switch work. The middle switch doesn’t do anything.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

I have never seen a box with 2 blacks and 1 white, this is what you are calling the last box

What is in your master box? Pictures of each box with labels of which Romex wire is which such as line and load will be us help you.

In the US, wire color is not mandated by code. People can and do use anything, especially when it’s the end of the day and there’s only one roll of wire left in the box. I’ve seen red used for hot, I’ve seen red used for load, I’ve seen a switch with four black wires and not one of them was line hot. So you can’t just assume what’s going on based on wire color.

The first thing you need to do is label all the wires and then take pictures of the existing wiring, including the back of the switch where the wires attached to the screws. That way you’ll be able to go back to the original set up if you need to.

Then you need to map every segment of every circuit so you know exactly what each is doing.

After that you can start wiring in the new switches.