Android 2.0 Discussion

Anyone else having issues adding new Z-Wave devices? It was working fine (well, some devices added duplicate phantom devices, so not good), but now I can’t even add any devices.

More of these to come! Including one for the new Samsung SLEEPsense & other sleep sensors.

Android M has updated so that you can revoke permissions on a “as permission” basis, giving you the ability to revoke this.

That being said, we will NOT sell your contact’s details. It is purely used to give the user a better experience.

Texts for notification don’t come from your number, we send those from our own number. (It’s a connivence thing)

1 Like

Any word on the update for Canadians?

Hi Eric,

Sorry to hear about your issue with Z-Wave devices.

Could you please reach out to support@smartthings.com so that they can dig down deeper with you about this?

Thanks!
Donald

Sorry about the dimmer scrolling problem! We’re working on that right now. Hope to have it fixed very quickly. Try tapping instead of scrolling.

1 Like

I have been told that we do ship to Canada from our web store. A lot of frequencies are common in North America amongst the US and Canada, so a US hub would work for you.

Yep, I just did about my phantom switch issue. I’ll mention it when they respond. These are all new Z-Wave switches (new house), and as of right now, there is one switch that just cannot be paired… so maybe the switch itself is defective. I’m a bit hesitant to believe that since adding other switches has had weird issues too.

I suggest you DO NOT RUN the update!

I new something changed on the hub because suddenly my lights started to go through a series of intensity changes. Tried to turn them on and off and nothing worked. So I power cycled the hub. No better.

I heard about the app update so I ran the upate (figuring it was needed to comm with the server.) When the app updated and ran and I got through the welcome screens my power outlet flicked off then on very quickly.

My computer was on that outlet and was running. The hard disk is DEAD! My computer is a $3000 lump of uselessness now thanks to this crappy system.

Oh, and the GE bulbs I have no longer work with the Hub. So there is that.

STAY AWAY. If you haven’t gotten the update yet I suggest you unplug anything useful from the system and take it offline until they fix their shit.

I’d like to echo the stability issues – I’m running a Galaxy S3 and it crashes pretty regularly. I think the problem is that it’s streaming data to my device as I navigate screen to screen and if I try to navigate faster than the data can load then it hangs and/or crashes. In terms of UX, it’s a bit of a downer.

I’d also like to echo the missing smart home monitor. I’ve been looking for 30 minutes to see if I could find it with no luck. Is this feature live yet?

And last but not least, I added a door sensor after doing the update but couldn’t find the “extreme temperatures” monitoring app. Has this been depricated? Is it being replaced by the smart home monitor?

Oh, and yes – the home screen has a lot of wasted space. 30ish devices with about 15 or 20 more being installed after hub 2.0 arrives = lots of scrolling. :frowning: Wish there was an option for a more compact UI.

2 Likes

Sorry to hear that. Just out of curiosity, why is your PC plugged into a switched outlet? Also, how would this be any different from a normal power blip?

1 Like

Is it just me, or is there no way to quickly change modes now? Or is there some way to add this to the dashboard? It sucks having to navigate around in the menu in order to change a mode.

2 Likes

Opened a support ticket, but I no longer have hue bulbs in my things - light bulbs. No bulbs at all. Just a white box.

Just reporting: Love the new interface, works perfect on LG G4, no crashes so far.

Just one question:

Where is the ARM AWAY, ARM STAY and DISARM functionality?

Maybe I’m mistaken but i though this was also included in the update?

OR is only for the New HUB?

To change modes, go to Routines and select mode, 2 taps…

Smart Home Monitor is coming very soon. Check back in a few hours and it should be pre-installed for you.

Thanks!

Very troubling. The app update is different than a hub firmware update. No hub firmware updates have been released in in the last few weeks.

Downloading or installing a mobile app does not trigger commands to devices.

Please contact support@smartthings.com so that they can assist you in troubleshooting what happened.

So is the ability to set which tile we want to be the “default” tile removed? How do we set a multisensor, for instance to have the temp be the item shown in things view and in the big tile view?

Do we have to create our own version of them?

If we do, will that stop them from processing locally?

2 Likes

Anyone else getting blank black screens after awhile?

The memory usage of the app is insane. 3gigs on my OnePlus One and it maxes it out and eventually crashes.

3 Likes