Alexa Routines - Live at last (two years in the making)

I have to agree and disagree with Bobby on this. Many aspects of what our apps do WILL be obsoleted within one year. I actually met with Amazon this week ([NO LONGER SUPPORTED] Ask Alexa - #3752 by MichaelS) and knew this was coming out and had already prepare for it. Basically, it is finding areas that Amazon DOESN’T fill and find ways to utilize them. Quite honestly, both of our apps could lose the direct device control and no one would blink an eye because the Echo already does that. However, what if you want a report about your house, or actually use the routines to set off an Ask Alexa macro (Specifically lock or close doors which Amazon WILL NOT do) or even a WebCore Piston?..THAT is where we need to continue to work in…to ENHANCE what the built in functions so…not just find another way to turn on and off lights. And Ask Alexa, with the next release in just a few weeks, will do.

That is my two cents and where I see the future going, and frankly where my meeting with Amazon left me.

3 Likes