Alarm.com and Smart Things

Doesn’t stay checked :frowning:

Anyone figure out how to do “silent arm”, those long beep beep beep are annoying!

Anyone figure out how to get silent arming working? Going to fullwebsite & checking box does NOT permantely change anything.

This sucks… hearing those beeps are godawful

Can this app allow Alarm.com to pass Alarm status to SmartThings? I’d like to be able to turn on all lights in the house is the alarm is tripped. Additional intruder deterrent.

Im so new to this, I can’t answer that yet… my first successful automation using this smart app was this, literally happened just now:

I’m still in my initial exploring the basic smartthings app functions/options stage.

I still can’t figure out why my harmony didn’t turn on my TV based on another automation trigger I am trying to figure out… based on cell phone presence. That is the only “sensor” I have setup so far in ST. My ST hub came with 2 multisenors (open/close) 1 Motion & a outlet plug.

Sorry - I was trying to ask of the app developer but posted via my phone and may have tagged you inadvertently.

In reference to the Harmony. Have you set up the smart app and device handlers for it? Have you been able to succsssfully establish your cell as a presence sensor? Once you do that you’ll need something to change your hub status based on your presence. I’m using the ‘Nobody Home’ smart app to achieve this.

I was able to set my phone as presence sensor, I installed the harmony smart app, found in marketplace & detected all my preset harmony activities.

Now I’m trying figure out when I use ST to trigger alarm.com, I want the ST home monitoring setting to show as “armed away” or “disarm” according to what alarm.com is set too.

Will the app you suggested help with that?
For example, currently alarm.com is disarmed, but the security center of ST shows armed stay:

If I do it as part of a routine it works well… but if I just decide to set alarm.com on arm stay. That won’t chsnge SHM mode :frowning:

Are you using something to change the mode of the hub? I use this to trigger events, not the presence sensor itself. Basically it will pass a direction to change the hub status. Trigger your alarm.com change from hub status not device presence. See the Nobody Home app screen grab attached.

You might want to also look into Life360 and IFTTT to accomplish what you want. The cell phone presence has been finicky and Life360 seems to manage presence well for people having issues with SmartThings presence.

I’ve had good luck with ST iPhone presence so far, but I have not added any door sensors, etc yet.

I can’t find a search for “nobody home” option… I have to click on categories in marketplace to try to find stuff…

Search for smart apps that you want on the forum. They won’t show in MarkerPlace unless the SmartApp is installed in your IDE.

Have you set up WebCoRE or CoRe yet?

I downloaded the webCoRE iOS app, but have no idea how to use it yet… I saw a intro video on how it works & felt lost… but I’m not a quitter lol

I found it, it’s a custom/user built smartapp.

Edit: latest version by someone who tweaked it:

WebCoRE will be your friend. Think of it this way - it’s truly an ‘if/then/else’ programming capable user interface for your SmartThings. Essentially you can go in and write programs specifically for your needs. You can create variables to save criteria, etc. For instance - I have a piston in CoRE that states 'If the bathroom light is on for more than 5 minutes, set Variable ‘BathLight’ to ‘True’. Then - I say 'If Bathoom room light is turned off AND Variable ‘BathLight’ = ‘True’, then Turn on Bathroom fan, wait 20 minutes, turn off Bathroom Fan, and set Variable 'BathLight to ‘False’. I did this because I had an issue with our kids not running the fan after showers and was struggling with mold in their bathroom. Now, anytime someone is in there more than 5 minutes the fan comes on. It’s become useful beyond the mold, if you know what I mean (especially taco Tuesday’s).

So WebCoRE is your friend. It will REALLY open up the functionality of your SmartThings encounter. If will also help you with your Alarm.com issue, with true If/then/else functionality.

Edit: Check this out. It may help:

1 Like

Thank you!!

I’ll def explore webCoRE…

Lol Only thing I need for now is this alarm.con app to actually stay silent when arming. (Not sure if webCoRE could fix that).

1 Like

Sorry to backtrack, but when you said this^^ to clarify… for this I would need door/motion sensors? because with just phone sensor & the smartapps I have, not finding a way to routine trigger alarm.com any other way. Don’t see the option in routines for “trigger switch, if “hub status” is…

Or were you referring to using webCoRE when you mentioned the quote above?

Thx for your help…

Yep. I use ‘Mode’ to drive the action. I mocked it up here. Tho is CoRE not WebCoRE but you get the point.

I just installed webCoRE & the tutorial that i followed had me enable oAuth = true. (In IDE)

Which makes me wonder, do i do that for all my smartapps I previously installed? Like alarm.con & Nobody home?

Oauth is a programming standard to pass authorization data (username and passwords) to another source. Likely yes - you need Oauth for Alarm.com due to username/password being passed from SmartThings to Alarm.com.

Ah ok, the instructions for alarm.con didn’t include that step, but so far it been working (accept for the silent arm option) without Auth. I’ll go toggle it on just in case then.

You enable silent alarm by going to alarm.com and setting it there on a computer browser. You cannot use your mobile browser to do this as the silent alarm option doesn’t surface as available through your mobile.

I’ve done that. But it doesn’t stick/remain or carryover to the smartapp in any way. :sob:

my alarm company called me today, and offered me a free upgraded system w/ lower monthly bill.

Currently I have old wired system with old keypad. They are offering me a Simon XTI-5 panel w/ wireless sensors to replace all my existing built in sensors, still powered by alarm.con web interface.

Will Simon XTI-5 somehow intergrate with ST hub? or will I still have to use Schwarks smartapp to arm/disarm?