Aeon Doorbell Type Beta

Is there any sort of feedback from the doorbell to let me know whether I am pairing securely or not. I haven’t seen this mentioned in the forums before. (Also, I’m a bit of a noob.) I can disconnect the doorbell from my network and the ring starts flashing again. Then I double click the button and it seems to be flashing the same way as before. Then I pair. How do I know if I’ve paired using the secure method or not?

I’m able to get @thoward1234’s device type to work partially, but @Robert_Vandervoort’s device type won’t work at all. I’m guessing the problem is secure pairing.

[quote=“jjeff, post:420, topic:28889”]
Is there any sort of feedback from the doorbell to let me know whether I am pairing securely or not.
[/quote]I wrote a different device handler for this doorbell and someone else is running into the same pairing problem so I released a test version last night that allows you to use it with or without it being secure. If it solves the problem I’m going to add it to the official release.

Since this is a different device handler you would need to remove the device and the device handler, install the new device handler and then pair the device. The secure option is in the device settings.

The other person that’s having this problem hasn’t had a chance to test it yet, so I’m not sure if it will solve the problem.

1 Like

I’m having this issue as well, will test tonight and report back. Thanks for the new DH.

[quote=“techvudu, post:422, topic:28889”]
will test tonight and report back
[/quote]Thanks for being willing to test it because I can’t get mine to not connect securely so I’m unable to test it myself.

When I turn off the secure commands preference all the buttons stop working, so in theory if your buttons aren’t working by default, they’ll start working when you turn it off.

1 Like

@krlaframboise i have to give you some props and many thanks. Never has my bell worked from the app regardless of how many combinations of code I have tried in the past months. (except for Aeon Siren DH) I almost put it up for sale due to the fact that it was useless to me. Now I can set it to ring when any door opens which was the intent.

1st test was not successful (no secure connection), after removing DH, rebooting hub, and reseting doorbell then repairing agian, I can finally now actually ring the bell from the android app.
Before and After (sorry for red hue, it’s from Twilight app)

[quote=“techvudu, post:424, topic:28889”]
Never has my bell worked from the app regardless of how many combinations of code I have tried in the past months.
[/quote]Thanks, I’m glad it’s working for you.

I just released a new version that includes those changes and some others.

Help!

OK, I’ve researched for a while and not finding my answer so I’m just going to ask here. I already own the Aeon Siren and was wondering if the Aeon Doorbell can also engage the Aeon siren when someone rings the doorbell? I see the manual discussing associations but I wasn’t sure if that was the same idea?

Considering buying it but didn’t want to if it can’t include that. Would allow me to have multiple sirens upstairs/basement/garage to hear if someone was at the front door. Thanks!

I’m not sure if you could do it through association, but I know you could easily do it with Rule Machine. All you would have to do is create a Trigger for Button 1 Push and have an action turn on the other sirens. The only problem I can think of is that the sirens may take a few extra seconds to go off.

Those instructions are for the Aeon Labs Aeotec Multifunction Doorbell DH, but you could do the same thing with The Aeon Doorbell Type Beta DH by using Switch.on for the Trigger or Condition instead of button push.

Ok, I’m using Rule Machine so that could work. However, is one the doorbell chime sound and the siren the normal siren sound or can those align to based off of doorbell or alarm.

I don’t have a Siren so I’m not sure what kind of options that has, but you can load up to 100 mp3 files on the doorbell. The Doorbell DH allows you to set different tracks for the doorbell, siren, beep, and play commands and you can also play specific track numbers by setting up Custom Commands in Rule Machine.

I rec’d my doorbell today, Super excited to try this! I have wanted it for a long time! Now I just need the IDE and Mobile app to come back online.

[quote=“BartLanz, post:430, topic:28889”]
Now I just need the IDE and Mobile app to come back online.
[/quote] My Aeon Siren came in today right after everything went down so know how you feel.

Since you can’t do anything with yours yet, you may want to review the documentation for the 3 available device handlers. That will give you a better idea of which one you want to use and it will save time because you’ll know the workarounds for the known issues.

Any Recommendations on where to look at that? Or is it just in this thread?

This thread has all the information for the Aeon Doorbell Type Beta.

Here are the links for the other 2 device handlers and their first few posts have the latest version and full documentation.

Aeon Labs Multifunction Doorbell

Aeotec Doorbell

I forgot to say thank you, I have it all hooked up, and it appears to work. All I am using it for rite now is a door bell, and I use it to alarm if a door is left open.

Hi all. Has anyone got this doorbell working in the uk at the moment. I’ve been looking but can’t find a uk version of it?. Would love to add this to my home. Thanks in advance

Unfortunately it is not yet being manufactured on the UK Zwave frequency, so it will not work with the UK SmartThings hub.

1 Like

Does anyone have any idea as to y the doorbell just seems to be turning it self off? It was working perfectly for months… Then recently people come to my door push bell and nothing happens… Then if I go to speak to press button on it, bell will ring when pressed… But then it just stops working again?

I can’t seem to figure out y.

Can I connect two buttons to one speaker?

Not directly, but the other DTH allows you to play any track number from any Smart App that supports the Music Player capability, so there’s really no need to do it directly.