ADT Smartwatch Pro 3000EN Integration

My code just looked for and ignored (i.e. filtered) any string that started with “RX”. You should easily be able to do this within what ever code you are running on AlarmServer if not you could do this within the individual deviceTypes in STs. However, looking at your Alarm codes your getting a slightly different input than mine. That maybe because I have a panel intercepting the communication (and filtering out junk).

Another thing I do in my code is I search the string for individual commands (i.e. DISARMED, CHIME, etc.) That way if I get a string within nothing there it’s ignored.

Just some ideas.

@sanity Do you think it would be possible to filter the unknown strings that @craig is referring to above in the AlarmServer code? This would make a huge difference given the sheer amount of garbage messaging those of us working with Envisalink/AlarmServer are experiencing. Thanks so much guys - we’re slowly getting closer to a solid solution for ADT integration.

@mbial Yes of course, we can easily filter anything you like that ends up in the smarthings plugin. I allowed everything on the HoneyAlarmServer mainly because I don’t know what your events look like since i don’t have the ADT panel you guys have.

Watch the events coming into the plugin via the HoneyAlarmServer debug log and tell me which ones you want to report on and I will update the plugin. I basically do the same thing on my DSC setup by only looking for a few event codes instead of reporting on all of them.

Hi Natescook 1. I am a ’ Late comer" to this discussion and was hoping for help. 1st off, I have ADT and have met my monitoring commitment and will be canceling my ADT contract. Some questions before I " pull the plug". I don’t have a land line, so when ADT installed the system, they put in a device that allows the unit to use cell phone to call out. I believe that I have located the card SA5882-5 which has a antenna going to it. Google shows it as a RF Receiver. I unplugged this card and armed and disarmed the alarm system normally, so I am pretty sure that ADT wont have any way to communicate with the system to wipe it out.

I am planning to remove the ADT prom and install a Honeywell 20P prom. I should have mentioned that my system is a ADT 3000en. I am hoping to convert the system to self monitor, which would entail either installing a wifi wireless adapter and connecting it to the board, or installing a new RF receiver adapter. In theory, will this work??

@cease1955 okay so a few things here. First the ADT 3000en is a rebranded Honeywell 20p so if you have the master codes you can reprogram it just like a new honeywell (I am assuming you own it?). Second, the RF receiver you mention about is a communicator for wireless sensors not cellular. The thing I disconnected before calling adt was the cellular module but again to do this you need the master codes. Usually the good news is the installers use the same one and you can probably find a list online of the top 5. The most common is 6321. If you can get into the programming mode you can completely take over the system. It been a long time since i did this but think the steps are above in the string. Hope that helps