Adding a new User in app v2

Jibberjabber is spot on…have a v1 that I purchased 5 months ago. ST totally dropped the ball on the “adding users” being disabled and continue to ignore this issue…no updates or light at the end of the tunnel except when you contact ST support any you get the canned answers, ‘we are working really hard on this issue’, ‘can we send you out a motion sensor for your troubles’, or the simple ‘we hope to have this resolved very soon’. What a pile of crap. May look at Vera or Domoticz\Synology as another option because Jibberjabber spot on about ST’s inability to fix what once worked. Alex Hawkinson and Jeff Hagins should not be talking about ST’s video stream service for a fee or v3 hub, but instead talk about how ST plans on fixing their platform. Enough excuses about, oh as a company, we should not rolled EU, new hub v2, new updates,yada,yada,yada all within a short time frame…how about ‘don’t over promise and under deliver’.

1 Like

Hell I would take the motion sensors if offered!!! No ones offered me a thing. The whole reason I bought smart things was to have my wife and child use there phones to automate things when they needed to or to be able to let the contractors in wo giving them a door and garage code. Not happy about this.

You appear to have read Jibberjabber post but not the rest of the thread, that’s probably why you’ve got the idea that they are ‘ignoring the issue’ whereas the exact opposite is true. This is a P1 issue for ST and they are working hard on it.

In fact yesterday’s platform update was one half of the changes required to get us back to multiple users again, an app update next is necessary which will hopefully be soon.

2 Likes

No true. This is not working yet.

Umm… what? I’m not sure what you’re reading but at no point did I say it was working yet…

1 Like

Can you use SmartTiles or just log in with your account? If you have a pretty basic setup, you should be able to. There are use-cases where this doesn’t work, but if you just want them to be able to manually trigger things it sounds like that could be a possibility for you.

1 Like

Thanks for the response to be honest I would like full function. That way when my son leaves for school everything locks and close via the last presence leaving the house as I leave well before everyone else. Instead of me having to check j would prefer it to be done :wink:

Don’t blame ya. I’m a one-person household so I don’t have a lot of experience with multiple devices. I do have a separate presence sensor for my luggage though. Can you add the other devices as presence sensors even though they are under your account? So you could be under one account with “Jay’s Phone”, “Jay’s Wife’s Phone”, and “Jay’s Son’s Phone” similar to how I have my phone and my luggage.

2 Likes

@jkicks15 this is very very close to be rectified . . . It was mentioned in tonights developer call and is a Priority 1 issue as @Benji pointed out . . . The recent platform update included the required elements to make this possible and an upcoming app update is going to be required to then make use of these new elements - we are closer than ever :slight_smile: stay posative i get the impression we are 95% there now

5 Likes

So, outside looking in…a sev 1 takes 30+ days? This may be going back to amazon…

@goldbond1 that is a very very narrow minded comment to make . . .

Its is torally unrealistic to treat every case the same when it comes to bug fixing (regardless of the priority) everything is case dependant . . .

You have to remember that SmartThings is still a small conpany compared to others like Apple / Actual Samsung / Etc Etc . . . even though they are growing day by day since the samsung acquisition its unrealistic to have apple style expectations with them just yet.

In this case id say in the midst of launching new hardware / new backend stuff / new software (apps) and new features that everything been handled fairly quick . . .

Lets be more realistic aye :wink: it doesn’t hurt to be human once in a while they arnt superheroes, they are still building and developong yes, but they also have the best system around, so support them as aa a pose to critiquing there every move . . . Its way more productive!

2 Likes

I disagree. This product is still for kids and not ready for the real world with real consequences if it fails. Its a toy and the reviews will illustrate this. In theory its great. But the reality is with hard working no bs people, when your product doesnt work, it gets thrown away.

1 Like

Does that mean I don’t work hard, I am full of BS, or both? :wink:

1 Like

For those that are not in the IT or Development field… the concept of an SLA comes to mind here… Service Level Agreements define the “RESPONSE” to a problem and attention it gets… not the Guarantee of a resolution.

In this case a P1 - means it gets the fastest response to the issue and the most attention, but does not Guarantee WHEN it will be resolved…

I keep that in mind when i think about and trust that they’re taking this seriously… I’m sure they want it fixed as bad a we do, but throwing more people @ a problem doesn’t necessarily mean its fixed faster either… there’s such a thing as too many cooks in the kitchen on an issue.

Just some industry related thoughts for those who have certain expectations to temper expectations with some formal understanding of SLAs and timelines…

5 Likes

Agree, and I don’t recall getting an SLA with the product. If it gets too bad, sure, I’ll consider other options. But this hub is better than anything I’ve ever tried, and has more potential than anything else I see right now (my view). That will change over the years I’m sure, but right now my Hub is the brain of my house. I get a lot of oohs and ahhs. Neither Google, nor Apple can do what my hub is doing for me right now, not even close.

4 Likes

An SLA doesn’t pertain here. When I have an ISP for a business and my internet goes down I expect a resolution in X amount of time.

In this case, SmartThings removed a feature many people bought their product for without prior warning. Imagine you buy a car because it comes with built in Bluetooth. Well the your car manufacturer decides that it’s really buggy and doesn’t work. How pissed off are you going to be when they keep telling you “soon” we have our top guys on it, “we don’t want to commit”…that’s not an SLA, that’s you buying as a consumer and not receiving what you purchased.

It’s important to understand that this was a working feature and for it to take this long for a resolution to AT LEAST what it was previously is not exactly the best impression to give consumers. Many consumers have spent thousands of dollars on their equipment and “workarounds” until this is fixed just isn’t going to cut it.

2 Likes

Why oh Why must we keep this going we already know they are working on it the derogatory comment is not going to get them working any faster. numerous work around have been mentioned if these don’t suit your need them you must wait. Since this was brought to light from almost the beginning we are all aware of it.

When it is fixed it will be communicated I personally being in the IT service industry know what they are going through and am sure they are doing due diligence to correct it as fast as they can.

GIVE IT A REST.

7 Likes

Well, IOS 2.0.4 just released… Bug notes do not mention anything about this, but could be a good sign…

Speaking as a prior Revolv customer I can say that having a feature disabled while a proper fix is put in place isn’t the worst thing a product vendor has done to me.

I am also a kickstarter participant for WigWag. I’m also itching to have this feature work but I guess I seem to have patience or tolerance due to my experiences to-date.

1 Like

its not fixed in the new release.