Accelerometer sensor?

Does anyone know a accelerometer sensor (ideally z-wave)? For example, I’d like to attach such sensor to a chair and trigger something whenever someone pulls the chair.

Thanks!
T.

Monoprice Shock Sensor. They work great.

Tom

1 Like

Thanks!
Otherwise, I found the Samsung SmartThings Multipurpose Door Sensor, which includes a vibration sensor for door knocker detection. Although its usage is limited, it’s not a sticker that you can put on a window or a chair.

People do use them on office chairs, you can just attach it to the back or even underneath. It’s a little clunky, but it will work. For this purpose you only need the sensor part, you don’t need the smaller magnet piece.

See the following project report (the topic title of a clickable link)

Aqara makes a zigbee vibration sensor which is thinner, but less reliable in a smartthings environment.

Xiaomi vibration sensor

https://www.amazon.com/Aqara-Vibration-Sensor-Automation-Compatible/dp/B07PJT939B/

The fibaro multisensor is very reliable, highly adjustable, zwave, pretty small, but expensive.

What country are you in? The device selection does vary.

Thanks, very helpful! I’m in the UK. I have a Fibaro Motion Sensor which is working very well, but cannot be fixed on an object due to its round shape.

Thanks again, the Xiaomi Aqara Vibration Sensor looks exactly like what I’m looking for (except it’s Zigbee, not Z-wave). I’m gonna try to put one on my letterbox.

1 Like

Sugru is the answer. (I love this stuff.) It’s moldable glue. Starts out the consistency of modeling clay, in 24 hours later it’s dried to a flexible rubber shape. Nonconducting, waterproof, even dishwasher safe. comes in different colors. Great for everything from home improvement projects to fixing cracked trainers.

Seriously awesome. :sunglasses:

And, yes, removeable later, although the sugru itself is not reusable.

I use it with my push and Switchbot robot actuators. :sunglasses: