Google IoT Platform: Project "Brillo", "Weave", Nest ... Google I/O Conference

What this is trying to fix is having a functional smarthouse because thats where SmartThings falls majorly short. Locks unlock and lock on their own, presence sensors randomly “leave” and “arrive” at whatever times they feel like. I’ll be sitting on the couch and suddenly my 99% battery life presence sensor leaves and arrives multiple times. Doors report being “opened” at night and set off the alarm for no good reason. I’ve deleted and readded everything and the level of support from SmartThings has been terrible. Spent $1,000+ on a bunch of things that work 20% of the time.

I can’t be the only one?

Like when I go to bed and tell the house “Good night” it’ll only shut off 80% of the lights its set to. I’ll have to go into Things and turn the light on, then off, then on, then off and one of those times it’ll eventually actually response.

SmartThings Motion Sensors = barely work for me
SmartThings Open/Closed Sensors = Work about 80% of the time
Cree Bulbs = 50% of the time
Schlage Lock = 30% of the time

Like what am I supposed to do return $1,000 in devices? lol

I know my internet and my router are fine, this is a ST issue and I’m hoping so hard that the V2 hub solves all my issues or else I’m going to feel like I flushed money down the drain. Hopefully all us poor V1 junkhub owners don’t have to pay like $200 for something that MIGHT fix all the issues.

Maybe with Brillo/Weave we can all have what SmartThings promised.

Edit: Sorry if I come off as upset, but its difficult to be upset when you spend so much money on something that doesn’t work as advertised.