Google Weave & Home

I just bought the ST hub and only one device so far - a plug-in outlet. Now I’m reading about Google Weave and how that’s going to be the language Google uses. Do you think ST will be able to communicate with Weave or will they be that much different? I’m trying to decide if I should invest in more ST devices or wait a little for the Weave devices to begin showing up. From what I’ve been reading, Home works OK with ST but has some limitations. I would expect that Weave and Home would be very closely tied together.

I use the Google Ecosystem pretty much exclusively so I am willing to wait for a little more if it’s worth it

We were discussing this earlier today there seems to be some stuff in the works between the 2.

1 Like

I agree with your thinking that home should be closely tied all other parts of the Google world. I hope that ultimately is the case. However, for now I would recommend you not make any assumptions about the level integration.

Don’t get me wrong, I really like my GH and it works really well in my SmartThings environment. But they still have a long way to go just to integrate with the existing Google environment.