Zigbee coordinator capacity

Hi,
How many Zigbee routers can be stored in Zigbee coordinator in a large network?
Like the number of End device can be stored in its parent is about 14.

Hi @jinujosefrancis, it depends on the hub manufacturer, but in ST’s case I believe the hub (coordinator) can handle 32 directly connected devices. Others with deeper knowledge of this can chime in, like @BroderickCarlin. Devices can be simple endpoints or endpoints that are routers. We don’t have a mesh mapping tool yet given to us by ST, but we hear it’s coming, but you can still find out relationships between devices. There is a field for each Zigbee device within the IDE called “Next Hop”.

For example, here’s a normal endpoint (not a router) directly connected to the hub:

another example of a routing endpoint connected to the hub:

As for endpoints that each zigbee router can handle, that depends as well, and sometimes that’s hard to find out. I have some zigbee plugs that will handle 16 (I believe), while others much less.

True, it is up to each manufacturer to decide how many children each model can have.

For inexpensive home automation devices, 5 is a typical number, but some can only handle 3. And of course some, like the Sengled bulbs, will not take any children even though it is a mains powered device. It’s just up to the manufacturer.

As far as the number of routers that the coordinator can store, again, that’s up to each manufacturer and there is no hard and fast rule. But it should be at least hundreds and in some cases thousands. :sunglasses:

1 Like

32 direct for V2 and earlier. 64 for V3. Not sure about ST Wifi.

3 Likes

Note that ZigBee routers (repeaters) do not count towards the direct-connected end device limit of SmartThings hubs:

3 Likes

Good find @veeceeoh, and that’s 2 years old too.

1 Like