Zigbee Button + Groups - Alpha Test

Hi - perhaps a noddy question but once I’ve set a group, do I need to go back and change the setting back to 0 in the settings menu?

Bo, button and the device(s) you wish to control should be in the same group.

1 Like

Yes, back to 0

See the last screenshot in this post

1 Like

Hi

Ive managed to add and use the ikea 2 button remote, can the fingerprint of the ikea 1 button shortcut button be added to this group button driver.

Thanks in advance
Dave

I think I replied to you already on another thread, it’s not as simple as adding a fingerprint as you have to write the code to detect the button press. Without a device in hand to test and experiment with I cannot figure out what that code should be.

So the short answer is while I don’t own one of these devices, I can’t add support.

Sorry

1 Like

No probs
The 2 button one from ikea works a treat on the groups option
Thanks again for getting back to me.

Ps - which buttons have you tested the groups option with up to now!

This driver largely builds upon the official code written by Samsung for the zigbee-button driver for IKEA, apart from the styrbar which is all my own code.

I personally have tested styrbar, 2 button and 5 button IKEA remotes. I believe it works for the blind controller.

I did add in the ecosmart at the request of another user, but the group functionality did not work ( suspected limitation of the device)

2 Likes

Can you please go in detailed depth of how to pair a remote to a light using the group functions? I’m not sure I quite get it. I managed to set up two switches with two different groups, and they work perfectly and super responsive. It’s nice to finally have something happening instantly. :smiley: WAF 100.

But now I can’t seem to replicate my success. It is the same ikea on off buttons throughout my whole setup. And I’m using the multipurpose mc driver for all my lights.

Best Regards

1. Put your bulb(s) in a group

2. Go to the settings of your remote control - turn of the following settings

3. Enter the group number

4. Exit settings

5. Press a button on the physical remote

6. Turn both settings off again (from step 2)

Okay, it appears that I do the procedure correctly, but there is nothing happening. If I pair the light to one of the groups already working it functions. But if I join the button to the group it does nothing.

Could the flaw be the ikea button? I’ll try to reset it

Do you have any entries on the history to show whether binding was succesful?

I think their is a bug with that, though so it might not show for you.

Nothing here.

Tried re setting everything, but that didn’t solve it.

How are you seeing that cluster info? Are you sure you are using my driver?

Can you please show the driver version?>

Just converted to the zigbee thing mc driver quickly to show information.

This is the driver I’m using normally

1 Like

@Johan_Sundberg_Mulle
Ok, I’ll work on the bug that stops the group info being printed to the history

Once fixed hopefully that will help us resolve this

Sweet, I’ll let you know if something happens meanwhile.

I have published an update to the driver to address an issue that came with the latest version of the ST firmware - @veonua first spotted this, but I wasn’t able to replicate it until now.

This will mean for those that was missing entries in the history log that confirm the group memberships they should re-appear.

If you dont force it, the driver may take up to 24 hours to be added to your hub

1 Like

Can you install the updated driver (from today) and try again with the steps I gave above, now you should see group memberships in the history tab on the app.

This should confirm what groups your remote is bound to

1 Like

Sorry for the late answer.

That looks like you have successfully bound to group 30, is that what you was intending?.

The problem could be at the bulb end. You said you already have some other remotes and bulbs setup - could you try adding the remote to one of those groups.

If that works then the problem is definitely at the bulb end.